The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Favorite DVD Easter Egg

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2007, 2:45am

Post #1 of 13 (1231 views)
Shortcut
Favorite DVD Easter Egg Can't Post

Hey guys, I watched the LOTR Trilogy yesterday as part of my March Break movie marathons. It was around midnight that I finished. I was so happy as I watched right through the fan club credits Smile. Anyways, as soon as I finished, I decided to watch the easter eggs on each of the movies. As I watched them, I became filled with laughter, and it seemed like it didn't matter if the world was about to end, I was happy. I decided then, which one's the best? It's a hard choice, but I think for me it comes down to the "Dom and Elijah Interview" y'know? What do you guys think?

Nuradar
Rohan

Mar 15 2007, 11:11am

Post #2 of 13 (975 views)
Shortcut
Gollum stealing the award [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dom-Elijah interview was very good. Dominic does a great German accent. And he strings him along for quite a long time before revealing the joke.

My favorite Easter Egg is Gollum stealing Andy Serkis' MTV Award (or was it a BlockBuster Award?). It's irrelevant which award it was, because it was the acceptance that counts. Andy plays really well off of Gollum's act. And how funny is it to see Gollum swear and be bleeped out? It was so shocking, I just laughed. Brilliant!

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2007, 12:55pm

Post #3 of 13 (939 views)
Shortcut
Gollum [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, it is pretty funny, especially with how many times he shoots the finger, and then after all that, he so nicely says "good-night", lol.Smile

"Death is just another pathway. . .one which we all must take."

-Gandalf from "The Return of the King"

ringhead91
Rivendell

Mar 16 2007, 2:25am

Post #4 of 13 (947 views)
Shortcut
it's a tie [In reply to] Can't Post

between Dom and Elijah's interview and Gollum accepting that award. They were both hilarious and I love comedy.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Loresilme
Valinor

Mar 18 2007, 3:14am

Post #5 of 13 (965 views)
Shortcut
May I ask, how do you find [In reply to] Can't Post

the Easter eggs? I have never been able to find them.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 18 2007, 6:45am

Post #6 of 13 (943 views)
Shortcut
It's been ages [In reply to] Can't Post

since I viewed them, but I think you go into scene selection, arrow down to the final scene, then arrow down once more - at which point a gold ring should appear on the screen. Arrow across to the gold ring and hit 'play'.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 18 2007, 8:59am

Post #7 of 13 (938 views)
Shortcut
Yes, and... [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe there is one on each movie disc (but not the extras discs). So on the theatrical versions, there would be one but on the extended there would be two, one on each disc of the movie.

Anyway, you can find them all by using the method Ataahua describes.

Silverlode

Between the acting of a dreadful thing
And the first motion, all the interim is
Like a phantasma, or a hideous dream:
The genius and the plan thus inspired
Depart me and I, entering a room,
Find myself on the threshold, stand still
And wonder what I came to do there.

Sherry
Rivendell

Mar 18 2007, 11:02am

Post #8 of 13 (918 views)
Shortcut
Confession [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never watched a single one on any of the films.

I've never really watched any of the extras either. I've listened to a couple of commentaries, and on FOTR something else though I've forgotten what exactly it was now.

And that's about it.

Yeah I know, I'm good ;)

'I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style.'

'Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.'

What I am listening to

New boards = new nick. Registered User formerly known as Arwenelf

Loresilme
Valinor

Mar 18 2007, 12:18pm

Post #9 of 13 (929 views)
Shortcut
Thank you both! [In reply to] Can't Post

I printed out those instructions, so as soon as I get a chance I will sit down with the discs and try it. I have the EEs, so it should be fun! I can't wait to see them, I always heard how funny they were.

Thanks again Smile.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 19 2007, 4:03pm

Post #10 of 13 (910 views)
Shortcut
The Dom-Elijah interview gets my vote. [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't care for the others at all.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 19 2007, 4:30pm

Post #11 of 13 (910 views)
Shortcut
I think a lot of these easter eggs are online, as well. [In reply to] Can't Post

You just have to google with effective terms to find them.

I didn't think there were easter eggs for the TE, but honestly, it's been so long since I've looked for them that I can't say for sure.

Carandalien

Apr 12 2007, 5:34am

Post #12 of 13 (870 views)
Shortcut
My vote... [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved the Dom-Elijah interview and the Gollum acceptance speech the most. The Dom-Elijah interview made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it that I ribs were hurting :)

I was disappointed that the second Two Towers DVD didn't have an Easter Egg on it :( I was hoping they might have shown some bloopers as the second Easter Egg.

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 12 2007, 10:26am

Post #13 of 13 (912 views)
Shortcut
Pajo [In reply to] Can't Post

The Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn one is pretty funny too.

"Death is just another pathway. . .one which we all must take."

-Gandalf from "The Return of the King"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.