Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Opens doors wide* Come on in and join us for Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 27, 5:55pm

Post #76 of 85 (218 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I know that. But [In reply to] Can't Post

still . . . Unsure
And, oh, yes. The only thing worse would be skunk!

Annael
Immortal

Jan 27, 6:45pm

Post #77 of 85 (216 views)
Shortcut
well, there are odor neutralizer sprays [In reply to] Can't Post

I use one around my cat's litter box, it works well. I find the Nature's Miracle products are good.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Jan 27, 7:00pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 27, 10:56pm

Post #78 of 85 (210 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

Check with your State DMV and insurance company. You may be able to keep the car. If the car gets totalled but it is still street legal and driveable (Which it sounds like it is.) in some places a special title can be issued. With it it is street legal and you can still get liability insurance on it but not comprehensive. It will also make it virtually worthless if you try to sell it.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jan 27, 11:01pm)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 27, 11:12pm

Post #79 of 85 (202 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, actually that's [In reply to] Can't Post

exactly what my son did. I'd never heard of it, but it was worth it to him. I'm going to see if I can tough it out, and maybe blast the heat with the windows open in the driveway on occasion and see if it helps at all. Or, just wear a mask while driving, and let people wonder why I think I can catch Covid when no one else is in the car. EvilAngelic

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 28, 3:20am

Post #80 of 85 (187 views)
Shortcut
My car once had a stench that got worse as the week went on. [In reply to] Can't Post

Couldn't figure out what it was. Cat pee, maybe?

The next time I went to the supermarket I loaded the bags in the boot ... and found a pack of blue cheese that had rolled out of my shopping bags and had *really* ripened in the summer heat. Shocked (At least it was easier to remove than a dead rodent!)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 28, 11:06am

Post #81 of 85 (165 views)
Shortcut
Oops! [In reply to] Can't Post

Did I just mansplain?

Sorry!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 28, 2:02pm

Post #82 of 85 (153 views)
Shortcut
Oh geez! Not the cheese!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's so nasty! *still giggling*

You're right about the cat pee, though. When my then 2 young kids and I were moving from Michigan to Indianapolis, we had a cat that got loose and crawled up into the dashboard and laid on the top of the glove box (up inside). Driving with all our belongings, I couldn't stop to dismantle the thing to get her out... so she rode the last 4 hours in there and wouldn't come out. Suddenly, my daughter riding in the passenger seat felt something warm running down her leg. All black (dust & dirt) and SO STINKY! Yep... kitty let go. So the last hour was pretty miserable for all!!!

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 28, 5:00pm

Post #83 of 85 (148 views)
Shortcut
Haaahahaha! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so very glad my heating system was not filled with blue cheese! Or, maybe said rodent swiped some and was in there with it. Shocked

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 28, 5:02pm

Post #84 of 85 (147 views)
Shortcut
Nah! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm always happy to take all the information I can get. SmileSmile

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 28, 5:34pm

Post #85 of 85 (144 views)
Shortcut
AAAAAaaaaaaahhhhh! [In reply to] Can't Post

When catch as catch can doesn't work, it's cat as cat can. Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.