Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I was scrolling through cat memes, and look what popped up.

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 10 2022, 2:51am

Post #1 of 12 (533 views)
Shortcut
I was scrolling through cat memes, and look what popped up. Can't Post

Happy 2022, Meowyn Melonhelm and Darkstone, wherever you may be.

https://www.alwayspets.com/...lfga2gen3egmydin3ggu

Annael
Immortal

Jan 10 2022, 5:29am

Post #2 of 12 (502 views)
Shortcut
Darkstone shows up occasionally on FB [In reply to] Can't Post

He's had some health issues, but continues to love a good cat meme.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

NottaSackville
Valinor

Jan 10 2022, 1:13pm

Post #3 of 12 (479 views)
Shortcut
Oh, good to know [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad to know he's still around (LOTR-wise and world-wise) but sorry to hear about the health issues.

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Jan 10 2022, 5:13pm

Post #4 of 12 (461 views)
Shortcut
I miss seeing him around // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 14 2022, 4:29am

Post #5 of 12 (446 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, me too. maybe this will tempt him [In reply to] Can't Post

to visit, if only to reclaim his hat. Smile

(This post was edited by Ethel Duath on Jan 14 2022, 4:30am)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 21 2022, 11:28am

Post #6 of 12 (368 views)
Shortcut
Meowyn Melonhelm and I thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Happy 2022, Meowyn Melonhelm and Darkstone, wherever you may be.

You too!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 21 2022, 11:30am

Post #7 of 12 (366 views)
Shortcut
Hat reclaimed! [In reply to] Can't Post

See my post on main!Wink

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jan 21 2022, 11:31am)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 21 2022, 11:34am

Post #8 of 12 (363 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll try to show up for Fiesta.Wink

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 21 2022, 5:43pm

Post #9 of 12 (354 views)
Shortcut
And with bells on! :D (But that would look funny) [In reply to] Can't Post

So good to see you around again! Smile

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 22 2022, 9:54am

Post #10 of 12 (344 views)
Shortcut
Well met, friend! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad you came! We've been saving a chair for you. Let the party begin!
Cheers! Smile

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 22 2022, 11:27am

Post #11 of 12 (335 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for use of the chair! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm getting to old to sit on the floor. (Actually I'm getting too old to get back UP off the floor! Wink)

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jan 22 2022, 11:28am)

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Jan 22 2022, 11:36am

Post #12 of 12 (332 views)
Shortcut
Delighted to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

In my elder years, I occasionally have to be helped up in the grocery when I've been checking something on the lowest shelf.

I'll jump over to Main right now to read your saga. Meanwhile, jumping with joy to see you, and my cats send their regards to y'all!

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.