Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest, Christmas 2021 Edition (CLXXXV)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 24 2021, 4:08pm

Post #1 of 7 (16860 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest, Christmas 2021 Edition (CLXXXV) Can't Post

So, we've reached the 150th edition of the contest already. I've found a seasonal pic that needs captioning, but I don't know if I can post it at full size.

Larger image here: https://i.ytimg.com/...oM/maxresdefault.jpg

#FidelityToTolkien
#ChallengeExpectations

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Dec 24 2021, 4:08pm)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Dec 25 2021, 7:13pm

Post #2 of 7 (16752 views)
Shortcut
Here, cut the blasted ribbon with this! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Dec 25 2021, 10:56pm

Post #3 of 7 (16736 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf was the only one who seemed to enjoy the Extreme Carol Singing. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo ate far too much chocolate and, as a consequence, was not entirely himself.

oliphaunt
Lorien

Dec 28 2021, 12:58am

Post #4 of 7 (16553 views)
Shortcut
Jolly elves? I'll give you jolly elves! [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 31 2021, 7:50pm

Post #5 of 7 (16370 views)
Shortcut
Carry On, Ethel Duath! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tough choices,but Ethel Duath carries the day! Start off the new year with a new entry.

#FidelityToTolkien
#ChallengeExpectations

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 1 2022, 9:31pm

Post #6 of 7 (16329 views)
Shortcut
Why, thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since I've finished cutting the ribbons on every present in sight, I'm ready to proceed. Happy New year, all!

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 25 2022, 2:56am

Post #7 of 7 (10044 views)
Shortcut
"We want some figgy pudding, so bring it right here!"/ [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.