The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
New Year BBC Radio Drama Discussion?

skyofcoffeebeans
Lorien

Dec 1 2021, 4:44pm

Post #1 of 4 (876 views)
Shortcut
New Year BBC Radio Drama Discussion? Can't Post

Hello all, I'm recently listening to the LOTR BBC Radio Drama again and it occurred to me that this forum hasn't hosted a discussion for it in a long time, at least not since I've registered. At first, I was befuddled that there were 13 episodes and only 12 months in a year BUT actually 52 weeks is cleanly divisible into 4 weeks per episode! We could really delve into the nitty gritty of each episode, provided there are enough people interested.

What do you guys think? Traditionally, each chapter / episode would be covered in a separate thread posted each day, but I'm thinking because the traffic is slower these days, 4 threads total, posted once a week, might be best. This would mean anyone responsible for an episode would be responsible for carrying the discussion for a much longer period of time though. We would also have to be diligent about time stamping the episodes to help people stay on track with our longform discussion.

I'm all ears for ideas, or for this thread to fall into oblivion if the adaptation has been beaten to death the last 25 years!

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Dec 2 2021, 6:15pm

Post #2 of 4 (831 views)
Shortcut
Ignorant question [In reply to] Can't Post

How do people in the USA etc., listen to BBC Radio? I've tried to pick up S4C without success.

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 2 2021, 9:49pm

Post #3 of 4 (822 views)
Shortcut
Online? [In reply to] Can't Post

Through the BBC website might work. I've never tried it.

#FidelityToTolkien
#ChallengeExpectations

Ioreth
Rivendell

Jan 3, 3:10pm

Post #4 of 4 (271 views)
Shortcut
If you mean the 1982 version [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to participate :)
Bought mine at the end of the 1980s with my first ever earned money.
Straight from BBC World Service Shop.

Played it so many times over the following years that the sound is a bit distorted in parts. Dumped them to mp3 after that.

I love love love love this.

But I fear I will not have time :( unless I will be unemployed for a longer time :-S

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.