Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit caption contest CLXXXIV(I think!)

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 30 2021, 9:40am

Post #1 of 6 (18485 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit caption contest CLXXXIV(I think!) Can't Post

Some fairy lights on this would be nice, though the mood is not noticeably festive... what's going on?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 30 2021, 4:07pm

Post #2 of 6 (18451 views)
Shortcut
"You sunk my battleship!" [In reply to] Can't Post

#FidelityToTolkien
#ChallengeExpectations

Alveric
Lorien

Dec 5 2021, 12:07am

Post #3 of 6 (18305 views)
Shortcut
Harken! [In reply to] Can't Post

I vanquished one of the Stone Giants all by myself, during their cocktail hour, and behold, here is the proof--the Great Ice Cube!

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 6 2021, 3:50am

Post #4 of 6 (18229 views)
Shortcut
Beam me up, Scotty! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin- That's Star Trek, you dolt! We're Star WARS fans, not Trekkies!

Gandalf- I thought we were Lord of the Rings fans?

Elrond- Harry Potter is far better than the Lord of the Rings!

Gandalf-That's heresy! Take it back!

Thorin- Trekkies can keep their tin foil hats! Use the Force, Elrond!

Gandalf- What the heck is the Force? Starfleet is way cooler than some stupid space opera!

Balin- Can we get a moderator, please? The fan boys are at it again!

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 6 2021, 5:20pm)

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Dec 23 2021, 11:25pm

Post #5 of 6 (17490 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for your responses, folks - [In reply to] Can't Post

I should have come back to this sooner. Sorry for the delay. All good contributions, but I do have a soft spot for a pithy one-liner, so this one's yours, Otaku-sempai!

(This post was edited by Greenwood Hobbit on Dec 23 2021, 11:26pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 25 2022, 3:15am

Post #6 of 6 (10825 views)
Shortcut
And thus Thorin's kibitzing during Elrond's and Gandalf's checkers match added yet more to the enmity between Dwarves and Elves./ [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.