The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Looking for pre-2000 collectibles & Mike Makras

AshNazg
Gondor

Apr 6, 10:22pm

Post #1 of 2 (3622 views)
Shortcut
Looking for pre-2000 collectibles & Mike Makras Can't Post

Iím trying to grow my collection and am particularly looking for items, merch, statues, figures etc. from before the movies. Itís surprisingly tough to find things, and Iím really curious what some collectors on here own... or if anyone has a suggestion on what to look for or where to look. Iíd appreciate it.

Also related: Mike Makras
So, I have all the bookends from the extended editions and wanted a similar pair from the animated versions. I came across this sculptor named Mike Makras. Heís really fantastic but itís almost impossible to find his work for sale. He created a pair of bookends inspired by the Rankin/Bass movies and I want them so much that Iím tempted to try and sculpt a pair myself.

Has anyone else come across his work? Or have any items similar to this? I feel quite alone in my interest for those Rankin/Bass films. I just find them fascinating.

Iím also interested in statues etc inspired directly by the books, before they had been adapted to screen. If anyone knows about this stuff or just wants to brag about their collection, Iíd love to hear it.

Many thanks!!

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Apr 6, 10:32pm)

Raskasha

Tue, 3:07pm

Post #2 of 2 (142 views)
Shortcut
Mike Makras Pieces are available at VLMMStudio on Etsy [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.etsy.com/shop/VLMMStudio

I am the daughter of Mike's partner, Dorothy. Not sure if you ever met them when they were younger. She will be celebrating her 83rd birthday this year. I am her caretaker now, and have inherited the last of his pieces.

I do have one set of the bookends left of his private collection.
If you have any questions you can message me on my Etsy shop.
Have a blessed day!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.