Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! November 4

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 5 2021, 1:07am

Post #1 of 4 (981 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! November 4 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

OMG! It's November! *fffffft* TIME is flying by! While we're officially entering the holiday season, it's a good time to up the activity to forestall the inevitable outcome of all the good food coming our way! I LOVE THE FOOD!!! :D So I'm spending a little extra time on the treadmill while still prepping my out-of-door for the cold weather. This will be the first winter for the strawberry raised bed I put together this past Spring. *crosses fingers* The only thing wrong with the internet is that it gives WAY too many conflicting instructions. I'm also cleaning *urp* the garage a bit. Just enough to park hobbity all the way inside and not leave the butt-end hanging out the door.

So how do you tackle the colder weather when it comes to gathering miles? Do you bundle up and get outside? Can you tell that I assume everyone in the whole wide world has the same weather as I do here in Michigan? *winkie, wink* My dream is to live in NZ in the winter and here at the Old Bag's End in the summer. ;) I'd be able to play outside all year round!

Please remember that you're not limited to conventional exercising, walking, or climbing mountains to get your mileage in. Whatever you do that gets you up and moving is the best way to make it to Rivendell... and Beyond!

Meanwhile, the remaining Fellowship and I have spent some healing time in Lothlorien with the elves, Galadriel and Cirdan; but it was time to get moving. We've taken to the elven boats and are on our way down the Great River Anduin. Each of the Fellowship seem very quiet and thoughtful as we cast off on our own.

*waves fondly* Take care... and I'll see you on the Road!

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 18 2021, 2:56pm

Post #2 of 4 (851 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! November 18 [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're enjoying your journey as you gather your mileage on your Walk. We're all going to really need more mileage with the holidays coming up. Next week in my world is Thanksgiving. An enormously wonderful excuse to eat my weight in turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie... at least! So I'm girding myself to tackle the whole holiday season with some extra mileage and personal forgiveness... cuz I know I'm going to be VERY VERY BAD! *slaver slurp*

How are you coming along on your plans for the holidays? What sort of activity are you doing to achieve (or maintain) your Quest? You know that cooking a Thanksgiving dinner rates a goodly mileage count... at least the way I do it. It feels like a marathon or mountain climb ;)

All that said... I truly hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving (if your partake) or at least a lot of success at the Black Friday sales ;)

Meanwhile... back in Middle-earth... The remaining Fellowship and I are still paddling down the Great River on our way to Tol Brandir. It's going well enough so far, but Boromir doesn't realize his grumbles and mumbles are leaking out loud enough that those of us nearby can hear. I think he needs to get outta the boat and go for a Walk.

Have a wonderful Holiday... stay safe... and I'll see you on the Road!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 3 2021, 5:23am

Post #3 of 4 (717 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! December 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to December!! Mercy, how time flies!

I hope you're enjoying much success on accumulating mileage on your Quest :) Remember... the beauty of this Walk is that anything you do that keeps you active counts as mileage. Plus, your Quest can be wherever or whatever you wish it to be. And you're not on anyone else's clock but your own. Now seriously... how often do you have that kind of freedom? ;) So let us know how you're doing and what kind of Quest are you on?

Right now, I'm getting my mileage moving around my daughters storage units AGAIN! We got her down from 3 units to 2; but that company just got sold and the new owner doubled the cost! So we're moving the 2 units of her stuff to another company down the road about 3 miles away. I gotta say... Winter weather is the perfect time to repack and move stuff!

Meanwhile, back in Middle-earth, the Fellowship and I are STILL on the River Anduin. But we're realizing we've picked up another voyager following us downriver. No boat, this one prefers hanging off of logs. Sam saw it first, then Frodo during his watch. Aragorn revealed he's known about the straggler quite a while. Like we needed something else to complicate our trip!!!

Stay safe... and I'll see you on the Road :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 17 2021, 4:53am

Post #4 of 4 (573 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! December 16 [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're doing well and are ready for the Holidays! Have you built up much mileage with trekking through stores... or have you let your fingers do the walking on your keyboard? I've done a blending of both!

Here in Michigan, we had a pretty dramatic high-wind storm late last week. LOTS of trees down in the area and damaged property; but I thankfully came through it with very little upheaval. The strange thing is that we had the exact same weather today, exactly a week later! Some areas just got their power back on when they got hit again. I had flickering of my lights each time; but am very surprised that I didn't lose my power. Thanks Goodness! We were also 15-20 degrees warmer than usual; but it dropped 15 degrees to the mid-30s within an hour this afternoon... right when I was on my walk!

Don't forget to have some fun with your mileage building :D I'll even give you permission to including the effort of wrapping presents in that formula. The way I do it, there really is a lot of struggling going on! *whew*

Meanwhile, back in Middle-earth, the Fellowship and I are STILL on the River heading for the Argonath. There's been a lot of excitement over the past few days... especially when Legolas pulled off an amazing shot in the dark at some fearsome shape flying overhead. He's a wonder, fersher!

Let us know how you're doing and what's your favourite effort for your walk. Stay Safe and I'll see you on the Road! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.