The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
So?

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 31 2021, 1:56am

Post #1 of 6 (1735 views)
Shortcut
So? Can't Post

Although it seemed like a throw away idea expressed in a recent thread, and being cognizant that it may be outside of some of our dear friends’ comfort zones, what do you think of TORn hosting a moot via Zoom?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 31 2021, 2:47am

Post #2 of 6 (1700 views)
Shortcut
I'd just like to put it out there [In reply to] Can't Post

that anyone can organise a moot - IRL or on Zoom.

*nudge*

Cool

But yeah, I get what you mean: it'd be cool to have an 'official' Zoom moot (a Zoot?) that anyone could join. Especially if it were around a particular event ... like the 20th anniversary of the release of FOTR...?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 31 2021, 2:47am)

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2021, 5:44am

Post #3 of 6 (1692 views)
Shortcut
Speaking from experience [In reply to] Can't Post

such events go better if two self-sacrificing (or well-paid) folk with professional Zoom membership run the technical side. Then everyone else is free to participate.
Before illness hit the family, I was taking a uni course from Cambria in NE Wales. Certainly an opportunity I would never have had IRL.
I wonder if we could interview PJ, Fran, Elijah, Billy et al.? How much of the films could be considered fair use?
Just my tuppence worth,
ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 1 2021, 4:52pm

Post #4 of 6 (1632 views)
Shortcut
Personality driven vs platform driven [In reply to] Can't Post

I’m not saying that if I ran it that there are people who wouldn’t come, though I am loathe to put it to the test! Regardless, if the site ran it, cashing in on a favour (or two or three!) in the form of a special guest, I think attendance would be more better ;)

Cirashala
Valinor

Nov 2 2021, 11:02pm

Post #5 of 6 (1579 views)
Shortcut
I'd love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

After being on these boards for 9 years, I'd absolutely love being able to put some faces to the names of these wonderful people Heart

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Nov 4 2021, 3:27am

Post #6 of 6 (1543 views)
Shortcut
During March Madness.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Several of TPTB did hold zoom meetings to discuss the various rounds and the reasoning for voting... it was announced and run from the Facebook TORN. And Facebook does have weekly meetings and discussion hosted usually by Cliff (Quickbeam) and Justin on Tuesdays.

Maybe sending them a message through Facebook to ask for suggestions or guidance would be one step to investigate.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.