The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Where to start?

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 24 2021, 10:47pm

Post #1 of 3 (728 views)
Shortcut
Where to start? Can't Post

Because of family circumstances, I may start lurking again. But I've missed thousands of messages since the great Texas blizzard and power failure of Feb 2021.
Suggestions? Start here and go forward? Memorable discussions not to be missed?
ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

skyofcoffeebeans
Lorien

Oct 25 2021, 4:23am

Post #2 of 3 (693 views)
Shortcut
Hello from another Texan survivor [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, there’s been a number of excellent conversations, but what stands out to me is NoWizardMe’s breakdown of the Shire further down the page.

Just before the great Texas blizzard, I began my LOTR 365 project, where I divided the book up into 365 10 minute passages, inserted at least one classic illustration for very daily reading, and then began my day with a reading. I am happy to say that Legolas and Gimli were as of this morning recounting Aragorn’s passage through South Gondor. I expect to be back with Sam and Rosie at Bag End by mid-December.

There’s undoubtedly been much more interesting conversation happening around here than tiny LOTR daily readings, though!

noWizardme
Half-elven

Oct 28 2021, 5:08pm

Post #3 of 3 (507 views)
Shortcut
That's very kind of you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Part 1 was much improved by 'peer review' here, so I recommend people include the comments if they want to read it. Smile

~~~~~~
My profile picture is "Kaninchen und Ente" ("Rabbit and Duck") from the 23 October 1892 issue of Fliegende Blätter (see https://en.wikipedia.org/...2%80%93duck_illusion )

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.