Ciao, and welcome to Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 25, 1:42pm

Post #51 of 58 (159 views)
Shortcut
I've been listening for the steam train [In reply to] Can't Post

The rails are a mile across the farm field out my front window, so I can see the train when it goes by on its Fall colour tours. They didn't run last year because of the pandemic, and I haven't heard them yet this year. *sigh* I love the sound of that old steam whistle and the chuff of the engine.

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

cats16
Valinor

Oct 27, 4:53am

Post #52 of 58 (109 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thanks for ignoring my laughably bad math - 1% of the way there with the book goal. Angelic

Thanks! Trying to get a few boxes of things here and there throughout the week so the laundry list of things to do is ever so slightly smaller this weekend when the craziness begins.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Valinor

Oct 27, 4:58am

Post #53 of 58 (110 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

For someone who assumes they're moving every year or two into a tiny apartment, 183 feels like a lot more sometimes. [cool} I just picked up two more: the annoying roommate is getting rid of some Great British Bake Off cookbooks. I realized I don't own any cookbooks and those would be a fun way to start off.

Ha! No shower curtains - it's one of those little walk-in ones with the glass door. Which is too bad, as I actually like buying shower curtains to give the bathroom some easy bright colors. But I think we'll make a trip to Ikea later in the week to fill in the gaps of whatever little things one tends to need at a new place.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 27, 12:25pm

Post #54 of 58 (96 views)
Shortcut
What a great pay-off! [In reply to] Can't Post

All of the bedlam, activity, noise, liveliness for you all week long only to be handed an incredible trip with a shopping cart! How much fun is that!? :D I hope you found everything you were looking for :D

Good luck with the storms. I hope you're ok!

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 27, 4:32pm

Post #55 of 58 (92 views)
Shortcut
*shakes off rain* [In reply to] Can't Post

Our area didn't get too much damage from the rainy Nor'easter, or many power outages. A tree fell across Rte. 1 near me, but it was cleared quickly. Other areas got dumped on, though - I've been reading reports of 5 inches of rain, and wind gusts close to 90 mph.

LOL, I have a bookcart full to work on now! I love it when the kids see the cart and ask me to reserve books from it for them. I'm working through donations of older books, also - the kids still read "classics" like the Boxcar Children and Nancy Drew series!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

cats16
Valinor

Oct 27, 11:12pm

Post #56 of 58 (91 views)
Shortcut
Barely know about that storm! [In reply to] Can't Post

Usually the east coast storms dominate the news coverage, but it seems this time the big rains upstate here got more attention than the Nor-easter. Good to hear you avoided the worst, though.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 28, 12:29am

Post #57 of 58 (87 views)
Shortcut
Yes, you got a drenching! [In reply to] Can't Post

And that whole area needs the rain - but not the flooding! How was it, where you are?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

cats16
Valinor

Oct 28, 4:33am

Post #58 of 58 (81 views)
Shortcut
A light but steady rain [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think most of the city even got half an inch, though the extremities/suburbs got more. The figure I saw from the NY Times was 8 trillion gallons of water across the state fell in those two days. And yet even that wasn't enough to end the drought in most places!

But the mountains got a good amount of snow, which is really good. And by all accounts flooding wasn't as bad as expected upstate, so overall the deluge was worth it, it seems.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.