The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
We have a party to plan :D

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14, 1:15pm

Post #1 of 16 (660 views)
Shortcut
We have a party to plan :D Can't Post

Bilbo and Frodo have a Birthday coming up on Wednesday, September 22!!! If you'd like to offer a game or writing or artwork, etc... please feel free to get it together and share it here on the Main Board :D

If you have any retro party action or if you'd like to do something someone else has already suggested, go ahead and do it! Variations of favourite games are always welcome!

Don't think twice about it! It's all in good fun :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 14, 1:16pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 14, 8:01pm

Post #2 of 16 (618 views)
Shortcut
I'll give some Smeagol Riddles a nudge. [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't done one of those for *years* - should be fun. :D

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 15, 1:24pm

Post #3 of 16 (566 views)
Shortcut
*smile spreads* Awesome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 16, 12:02am

Post #4 of 16 (554 views)
Shortcut
*rummages through files* Hmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got one that was last seen six years ago! It's fun, simple, and perfect for the occasion.

And hopefully won't "scramble" anyone's brains! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 16, 1:50pm

Post #5 of 16 (523 views)
Shortcut
No scrambling brains? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh... "scramble" is fun! It's an everyday thing for me now ;) SOUNDS PERFECT!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Sep 20, 6:03am

Post #6 of 16 (471 views)
Shortcut
Good news to read that! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mae govannen, dear Gramma and other old friends1
Yess, I'm still around but from far away only, too busy with my own Life Adventures to join in here ever anymore... But for the Baggins Birthday Party I couldn't resist having a peep at what may be brewing...!
Well, I knew I could count at least on Gramma for quietly preparing something for Wednesday... and there you are indeed, thank you so much for that!!!
An idea just coming to me as I write:
I just read from Demosthenes the news that seem confirmed now: Howard Shore will be involved in the music for the TV Series!
This made me personally so happy that it kind of propelled me right here, back on these cherished boards. Perhaps for the Birthday some of Howard's music specifically for the Shire, and, why not, for the Birthday Party in the films themselves, could be played, so as to honour also Howard's wonderful musical rendering of Hobbitness, and Bagginsness as well?

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Hamfast Gamgee
Grey Havens

Sep 20, 7:43am

Post #7 of 16 (465 views)
Shortcut
Seems to be lots of anniversaries and parties in the Tolkien fandom [In reply to] Can't Post

More so than birthdays in Hobbiton. After all there was one only just this month Smile I did see that on the home page in this site they are having a party in California for the occasion. However, this been California and this been 2021 there are modern day dragon fires about ie wildfires and they have to be prepared for them. A bit sad and a bit ironical when real life modern day events interrupt fantasy celebrations! Unimpressed

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 20, 1:43pm

Post #8 of 16 (457 views)
Shortcut
Howdy, Hi, Hi! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so great to see you! Yeah.... RL tends to get in our way sometimes ;)

I think you idea of a musical tribute would be a perfect Party Favour both to honour the Bagginsessesssessss and Howard Shore! What fantastic news that he's going to be creating the music for the Series! IMHO, the films' success rests on 4 building blocks... the story, the players, the filming, and the music... each playing a part in the beauty of these films and their stories.

Thank you!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 20, 2:00pm

Post #9 of 16 (454 views)
Shortcut
So true! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to go to the Baggins' Bash in California; but sadly it cannot be ;( The fires are so devastating... makes me think of the Desolation of Smaug.
So much is wrapped around the Bilbo and Frodo birthday and the start of the Quest, it's the BEST b'day!! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 20, 2:42pm

Post #10 of 16 (454 views)
Shortcut
Drabble me this, Haiku me that... [In reply to] Can't Post

These are just so fun and have been a Party Favour around here for so long, I just can't resist including it :D

If you'd like to flex your fanfic muscles, feel free to build Drabbles, Haikus with a Baggins' Birthday theme; but any creation is very welcome!

AND if you'd like to have something to draw from, here's weaver's Six Subject Line Challenge offering. These are recent submit lines from our posts that you can incorporate into a fanfic, drabble, or haiku.

1. Oooh... I think I could quite fancy that... by Greenwood Hobbit
2. I have half a memory by Ataahua
3. Arrrr matey, that be the ticket! Ye be after me own heart! by Tintalle
4. Even in the bathtub? by dernwyn
5. Well, that's an eye-opener and no mistake! by Voronwe the Faithful
6. Bread, an inadequate pat of butter, and thin milk - by SirDennisC

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 20, 2:58pm

Post #11 of 16 (458 views)
Shortcut
**Party Plans [In reply to] Can't Post

Feel free to post your Party action here on Main. Even if you haven't given a heads-up here.... feel VERY free to just toss something in :D It doesn't matter if a like-game is already posted; the variation is always great!

Please begin your subject like with at least this lead: **Party (Game, Time, Business, etc.) to help it stand out for a quick search.

You can post beginning Tuesday night (Sept 21) if it's easier for you, then any time during Wednesday, Sept 22... and beyond!

Everyone is very welcome to partake and enjoy the festivities :D

THANKS TO ONE AND ALL!!!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 20, 8:05pm

Post #12 of 16 (443 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for orgainsing it, gramma! :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Sep 21, 5:57am

Post #13 of 16 (437 views)
Shortcut
Proposal for Birthday Party; Hobbit Dancing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Basic idea: in any place, big or small, where Hobbits at heart manage to gather, either physically or in sweet imagination if they are actually alone, some hobbit-tasting goodies and drinks could be brought or prepared...
And then the Feast would start, on the music by Howard Shore titled 'Concerning Hobbits' (on loop fo as long as needed) for immediate spreading of the required overall Hobbity mood and atmosphere...
And then, at some point, the music would become that of the Hobbit Dance in which on screen Frodo, Sam, Rosie, and even Gandalf the Grey joyfully join, to the irresistible rhythm and sound of some cheerful Hobbity instruments... and all Hobbits present at the local Feast would get up and start dancing as well, in the same style and loud cheers, for as long as they want to, that specific piece of music being on loop as well...
Finally, if so wished, a return to "Concerning Hobbits' as everyone then goes back of course to whatever Second Feasting will have been kept ready for after the Dance...!

This is, at least, what I myself and a dear lady friend of mine, both since decades very much fond of Hobbits and all things Tolkien, are planning to do together tomorrow afternoon right in my little office where Middle-earth big maps as well as big pics of Aragorn and Legolas decorate conspicuous parts of the walls, and a big piece of furniture opens up on all my books and other documents from and about JRRT plus PJ's double Trilogy...

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Sep 21, 6:33am

Post #14 of 16 (435 views)
Shortcut
I won't be able to make such a posting myself, [In reply to] Can't Post

as you may remember that technicalities online have never been my forte, and after so may years away from here it would mean for me even more vain struggle than before,
But perhaps the reply to you, Gramma, that I have just managed at least to successfully post above in this thread could be reproduced wherever needed, later on, by some kind other TORnsib who finds my 'Proposal for a Hobbit Dance' a potentially valuable part of those Party Plans?
Such a kind soul would be assured of my sincere and smiling gratitude! Heart

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 21, 12:47pm

Post #15 of 16 (415 views)
Shortcut
Now that's a worthy request :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll bet you've inspired someone who knows more about the music than I do! TIG! TOG! TAG! *runs off giggling*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 21, 12:50pm

Post #16 of 16 (411 views)
Shortcut
Love your plans! [In reply to] Can't Post

*smiling* That sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate our hobbits, and friendship all around :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.