Return of the King with live orchestra:

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 1 2021, 1:35am

Post #1 of 4 (16889 views)
Shortcut
Return of the King with live orchestra: Can't Post

http://www.howardshore.com/...-live-to-projection/

Since the Radio City Music Hall performance never happened (iirc) what about this? The Bulgaria date is behind us, but the Denmark or Reykjavik dates seem doable… my preference would be Reykjavik only because it’s almost a year away.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2021, 1:22am

Post #2 of 4 (15383 views)
Shortcut
Do you remember the year of the first FotR Radio City Music Hall concert? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was there, I think you couldn't make it, but now I can't come up with the date.
Elly

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 31 2021, 1:52am

Post #3 of 4 (15390 views)
Shortcut
Yes I remember that, [In reply to] Can't Post

I had tickets and ended up giving them to a friend of smeagirl’s iirc. I was so disappointed that I couldn’t make it to see you and others, especially rosie-with-the-ribbons as she came all the way from Denmark or Sweden or wherever, a once in a lifetime opportunity, missed. Believe me, I’ve never stopped ruing not being able to make it; and though I’m “over it” I don’t think I’ll ever really be over it, if you get my meaning.

Edit to add: but now that I think about it, this story belongs to the RCMH TTT event. I remember consoling myself with, “well there’s always the ROTK event to look forward to,” but drat, there never was one!

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Oct 31 2021, 2:03am)

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2021, 5:30am

Post #4 of 4 (15370 views)
Shortcut
time to pack your bags [In reply to] Can't Post

Has DW been to the Continent? Or Iceland? Or you could take most of the year off and go to all three concerts!
I only made FotR myself, but I'd rather go to Iceland than France.
Elly

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.