Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
An Unexpected Party - Chat with PJ and GDT!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

May 15 2008, 5:21pm

Post #51 of 132 (4070 views)
Shortcut
Hadn't even thought of those! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ohhh all excellent questions! Now I'm glad I checked here before submitting one myself. It's only going to make it harder to decide of course, but hey: with great power comes great responsibility... ;)

In Reply To
If/how we can have our names added to the eedvd credits as we had with LotR?

Maybe this is the one I'll ask, then (haven't decided yet!) I will regret for the rest of my natural life that I didn't jump in and join the fan club back when FOTR was in production. I thought it would be great to have my name in the credits of something so historical, but at the time I was under the delusion that I was "too broke" to afford such luxuries as the membership fee for the fan club. Now every time I watch the end credits roll, I say to myself: "Stupid stupid stupid..." *sigh*

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

May 15 2008, 7:03pm

Post #52 of 132 (4067 views)
Shortcut
lol we already know the answer to that one [In reply to] Can't Post

Not to worry. I don't think GDT does "jolly" :D

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

May 15 2008, 7:12pm

Post #53 of 132 (4046 views)
Shortcut
I suppose "Who's making the costumes?" won't make the top 20 [In reply to] Can't Post

*sigh* I'll just have to submit something sensible then, like what's in that darn bridge-movie-thing.

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
Screencap of the Day Schedule for May

See my Photos from Japan!!

Nienna
Rohan

May 15 2008, 7:39pm

Post #54 of 132 (4018 views)
Shortcut
Confirmation email [In reply to] Can't Post

Starling, I never received my confirmation email either so I checked the emails that were stopped because they were thought to be spam - there it was!

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

May 15 2008, 8:37pm

Post #55 of 132 (4034 views)
Shortcut
Question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Are we allowed to send more than one question, or are we required to send just one?

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

May 15 2008, 9:10pm

Post #56 of 132 (4057 views)
Shortcut
My question's up! [In reply to] Can't Post

You should press "ask". Your question will be sent to the moderator.

Here is what I asked (textually):

First of all, let me say once again that we are all thrilled to have you both as leaders of this project.

Having said that, much has been speculated about what your roles will be in the production of The Hobbit and the sprequel (for prequel and sequel).

My question is: could you describe the role of Mr. Jackson and Ms. Walsh as Executive Producers in contrast to Mr. Del Toro’s as director? Is there a particular matter in which either the Director or the Executive Producers have special authority? Thanks a lot! I wish you a journey full of success.

I hope it gets answered.

merklynn, there it is!

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

May 15 2008, 9:24pm

Post #57 of 132 (4019 views)
Shortcut
I've just realised... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have to miss my older brother's 35th birthday meal for this! Oh well, never mind, this is more of a one off opportunity, I can have dinner with my brother any old time!

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Darkstone
Immortal

May 15 2008, 9:26pm

Post #58 of 132 (4032 views)
Shortcut
Dunno [In reply to] Can't Post

Not to worry. I don't think GDT does "jolly" :D

That's what everyone thought about Jean-Pierre Jeunet who then gave us Amélie (2001).

Apparently in the heart of every grim director of dark bleak cinema lurks the hidden desire to do an MGM Musical Romantic Comedy In Glorious Technicolor, Cinemascope, and Stereophonic Sound.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

May 15 2008, 9:43pm

Post #59 of 132 (4028 views)
Shortcut
Cinemascope? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not VistaVision?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us May 12-18 for "The King of the Golden Hall".

Darkstone
Immortal

May 15 2008, 9:51pm

Post #60 of 132 (4045 views)
Shortcut
That's what Cole Porter said [In reply to] Can't Post

"If you want to hear applauding hands resound
You've gotta have glorious Technicolor,
Breathtaking Cinemascope and
Stereophonic sound."
-Silk Stockings (1957)

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Caprice

May 15 2008, 10:18pm

Post #61 of 132 (4009 views)
Shortcut
Mine [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be my. But many had already asked. For me, one of the most important things in the trilogy. The actor´s passion for they characters!

In Reply To

I would like to know about Ian Holm as well - he is on my mind alot regarding these films - though I'm also not sure if that would be more an announcement for later ..
Maybe best way is to ask one question - Who, in the cast of LOTR, is being considered to be cast the Hobbit).

(This post was edited by Altaira on May 16 2008, 1:50am)

bowencm
Rivendell

May 16 2008, 1:20am

Post #62 of 132 (3992 views)
Shortcut
ACK!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried to submit a question and it kept telling me that it was not connected! ACK! I'll keep trying...

Sunflower
Valinor

May 16 2008, 2:23am

Post #63 of 132 (3996 views)
Shortcut
HELP! I am going crazy. [In reply to] Can't Post

I just successfully updated my Java, I'm sure it's the right one (my computer told me so), and I STILL am not able to submit a question. I click on ASK and it does nothing. I can't even get a cursor going. What part of the screen is supposed to be typed in...the bottom gray box next to ASK? Or the black space above it? The arrow vanishes under the gray box...

Sorry if this is stupid, I am usually good at these things....

And how did you guys get to the "most common questions" area?

(This post was edited by Sunflower on May 16 2008, 2:25am)

Sunflower
Valinor

May 16 2008, 2:51am

Post #64 of 132 (3992 views)
Shortcut
Nevermind.... [In reply to] Can't Post

*Slaps forehead*

Right-click?? Blush

Anyway, finally submitted my question.....about the music. Let's see if it gets picked!

nimthiriel
The Shire

May 16 2008, 2:54am

Post #65 of 132 (4007 views)
Shortcut
Yes to the inside poll [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it´s a great idea to really take the time to think
our questions and submit the best ones, independent of
anyone wanting to submit their own.
I confess myself as not too clever and not educated enough to
make those great "what-about-the-rights questions"
so I vote for the option of making a great and smart list
and me reading this board and picking one of them
to submit:)
of course we all want to know the little details, if he or her is going to be back,
but I know some of you have already done this almost 10 years ago,
so experience should have the lead.
so let´s get to it!

I have a question about the humor in the movies.
we are clear The Hobbit has a gloomy side, and PJ and GDT are great in
bringing dark things to light, but both have a great and different sense of humor, a black humor, so
I wonder how is the light side of the story going to be balanced with the dark and terrible parts.
Irony? sarcasm? plain hobbit humor? FotR-intro kind of humor?
maybe the beginning of the movie is lighter and funnier and as it advances, it gets darker and sadder,
just as the story originally develops.
maybe someone can help me make this a short question, hahahaha

nimthiriel
The Shire

May 16 2008, 3:12am

Post #66 of 132 (3989 views)
Shortcut
the dwarves, great one! [In reply to] Can't Post

besides the technical questions
I really think the one about the dwarves´ characters, will they be 13 or less
is a great question!!!!!
One vote for that one:)

Sunflower
Valinor

May 16 2008, 3:23am

Post #67 of 132 (4031 views)
Shortcut
Got it (finally):) [In reply to] Can't Post

*slaps forehead*

Right-click? Oh, I am SUCH a hacker...CrazyBlush

Anyway, here was my question (give or take a couple words):

"For many fans, one of the most exciting aspects of the upcoming Hobbit films will be the musical score. In The Lord Of The Rings, Howard Shore painted pictures of Middle-earth for our ears as breathtaking and memorable as anything we saw onscreen. What can we expect this time around?"

Short and sweet, I wanted to get more specific but of course we have no idea what Mr. Shore has currently got cooked up in that mad brain of his....but given the level of his geekdom, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a primitive "rough draft" already jotted down! But I figured if it was a general question, we'd find out as much as possibleSly

I can hear the voices: "WHAT! You DIDN'T ask him about Picturehouse, the demise of New Line, the changing nature of Hollywood?" Nope, I hadn't the guts...plus I AM a realist...they'd never answer that.

And Gramma, your post was poignant. It still seems a little surreal that PJ is now this giant in the film industry whose legend will only grow with time. That he is an A-lister on a par with Spielberg and Lucas, business-wise anyway. The artistic legacy can only grow and he'll need 15+ more yrs to acquire their status. But that can only come with time. To think, he has his fingers in all these pies now. His NZ film empire (and empire it now is), Tintin with Spileberg, Lovely Bones, plus he's producing another film, forgot what it was, but it's an indie from an up and comer. This has happened so fast.

He may have shrunk in size, but has has grown in stature. He'll always be our PJ warts and all. And it's strange to think of him as the superior of another director, and coming down to us. Going back to his roots, back to us fans. It is a great thing to do.

Plus: can we officially make the word Sprequel "gluggable" IF Compa's question is answered? Wink

(This post was edited by Sunflower on May 16 2008, 3:24am)

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

May 16 2008, 3:29am

Post #68 of 132 (3979 views)
Shortcut
Nice question... [In reply to] Can't Post

May I ask what gluggable means? Blush

And do any one of you know if it is valid to send multiple questions, or do I have to stick to the one I already asked?

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

May 16 2008, 3:34am

Post #69 of 132 (3975 views)
Shortcut
Don't know about how many you're allowed to send [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe if we get this poll thing going some of your other suggestions could be put forward and some of us who still can't decide what to ask could ask em???

There he stood
Proud and solemn
Yet happy and gay

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

May 16 2008, 3:36am

Post #70 of 132 (3980 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I already asked what I wante dmost to be answered. However, I would like to see Guillermo's and Peter's views on talking animals and real world references. The creation of the game of golf, speaking eagles and spiders for example.

I am not too keen on the possibility, for the "realism" reasons I have stated elsewhere.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

May 16 2008, 3:44am

Post #71 of 132 (3973 views)
Shortcut
I agree with you on the talking animals [In reply to] Can't Post

have read your posts about it and thought you've put it very eloquently (sorry searching for the right words here) Which is why I didn't say anything on that topic, you literally took the words from my mouth/mind Thanks for that :) (Lazy I know)

There are alot of things in the Hobbit which are going to be difficult for them to depict, I think gramma mentioned somewhere about Bilbo being invisible in alot of the exciting scenes and I really don't want to see a *goofy* Smaug speaking!

There he stood
Proud and solemn
Yet happy and gay

Sunflower
Valinor

May 16 2008, 3:58am

Post #72 of 132 (4027 views)
Shortcut
"Gluggable"/The TORN drinking game [In reply to] Can't Post

People have asked about this a few times, it means (generally) when people repeat a question or phrase so many times it becomes repetitious, like starting 4 threads on the same subject.

Someone post the links to the Rules, please.

This was a bit of a joke, really, Compa...I am actually hoping you get your question answered, b/c then "sprequel" will be an Official Word. And since GDT has already answered a question of yours he might remember you and pick yours again!

PS I wonder if AinuOlorin has put in a question on whether we are going to see a "magical" Gandalf? Smile

(This post was edited by Sunflower on May 16 2008, 4:00am)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

May 16 2008, 4:02am

Post #73 of 132 (3973 views)
Shortcut
What are the rules [In reply to] Can't Post

regarding multiple posting of the same thing? Sorry but some of those are getting really annoying Mad

There he stood
Proud and solemn
Yet happy and gay

Elven
Valinor

May 16 2008, 4:42am

Post #74 of 132 (3978 views)
Shortcut
How long does the Chat go for in these instances? [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone know how long the last 'chat' went for?

I wonder how many people will be logging in?

Still trying to come up with a reasonable question ...

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Elven
Valinor

May 16 2008, 4:46am

Post #75 of 132 (3959 views)
Shortcut
Good question! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, ask that one ...
Im interested in the sound effects for the movie and if there are any advancements beyond LOTR with that, so Im going to ask something it that realm ... now to word it properly ...Smile

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.