The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Caption Contest CCLXVI

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Jul 7 2021, 3:00pm

Post #1 of 10 (2135 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest CCLXVI Can't Post

A tense moment, it would seem - but why? Do tell...

Cirashala
Valinor

Jul 7 2021, 3:14pm

Post #2 of 10 (2103 views)
Shortcut
Look out! It's the tiny guys! The tiny guys are coming! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gamling- Um, Aragorn, those are your hobbit friends...just exactly how long were you laying in the sun, again?

Aragorn- You don't understand! They'll eat my girlfriend, Brego! *whispers* they eat everything...

Gamling- Ok, this might be a bit hard for you to understand right now, but Brego is a horse...
Aragorn- Then why did she kiss me? Ahh, they're storming the gates! Rise, riders of Rohan!

Gamling- Brego is a stallion, not a mare, the hobbits are just walking toward us with Gandalf's birthday cake, and the gate is behind y-...oh, never mind. I give up. You've completely lost it!

Aragorn- Lost what?

Theoden (under his breath)- And they thought I was the crazy one!

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Jul 7 2021, 3:16pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 7 2021, 8:35pm

Post #3 of 10 (2090 views)
Shortcut
"The fan-girls are coming! Run!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 12 2021, 5:27pm

Post #4 of 10 (1994 views)
Shortcut
Gamling: "We will not get far, the cosplayers are too many." / [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Jul 12 2021, 5:29pm)

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 14 2021, 7:46am

Post #5 of 10 (1915 views)
Shortcut
In the castle....... [In reply to] Can't Post

INIGO, WESTLEY, AND FEZZIK make their way stealthily through the castle corridors, searching. WESTLEY moves very slowly, YELLIN'S sword dragging along on the ground -- WESTLEY simply hasn't the strength to raise it.
CUT TO
COUNT RUGEN AND HIS FOUR WARRIORS, racing through the castle, and as they turn a corner and enter the corridor RUGEN stops, incredulous.
CUT TO
INIGO, WESTLEY AND FEZZIK, moving toward them.
CUT TO
RUGEN TO WARRIORS:
"Kill the dark one and the giant, but save the third for questioning "
THE FOUR WARRIORS charge toward INIGO, WESTLEY AND FEZZIK, swords drawn, but they are no match for INIGO and the six-fingered sword, which has never flashed faster. The FOURTH WARRIOR is dead before the FIRST ONE has even hit the floor. There is a pause. Then --
ZOOM IN ON INIGO
INIGO TO RUGEN-- Evenly and soft:
"Hello. My Name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Alveric
Lorien

Jul 14 2021, 10:20pm

Post #6 of 10 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Eowyn's cooking fish soup again! Quick! Let's charge into the huge orc army! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 15 2021, 1:50am

Post #7 of 10 (1874 views)
Shortcut
Ha! :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jul 18 2021, 2:02am

Post #8 of 10 (1747 views)
Shortcut
DId you hear? Blue light special on chain mail. Today only! C'mon! before the little old ladies get it all!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Aug 16 2021, 9:09pm

Post #9 of 10 (896 views)
Shortcut
Oops - this one's been around for a while. Loresilme? Are you out there? [In reply to] Can't Post

So good to see Gamling getting a bit of attention! The others are funny, but I do have a soft spot for a snappy one-liner. Over to you!

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 17 2021, 12:28am

Post #10 of 10 (891 views)
Shortcut
Thanks GH - and shout out to Ataahua [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.