Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
An Unexpected Party - Chat with PJ and GDT!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 23 2008, 4:26pm

Post #126 of 132 (2012 views)
Shortcut
Appetizers? [In reply to] Can't Post

Poor you, good recovering to you.
In what time-zone are you. Is ofcourse important to know. I'm in Europe, so at 10 PM, a soda and some nice crunchy's will do for me. But really early morning? A big cup of coffee and some chocolat muffins would give me a good start!

merklynn
Lorien

May 23 2008, 4:32pm

Post #127 of 132 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Afternoon snacks [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in the EST US timezone. Should be 4pm for me when the chat starts, so I'm thinking afternoon pre-dinner snacks. Maybe chocolate coated pretzels to start?

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 23 2008, 5:01pm

Post #128 of 132 (2006 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, a snack at 1.30 am [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm already going to spend Saturday morning setting up the internet connection in my room since it is currently setup in my parents'. It's going to be 1.30 in the wee hours of the morning for me, and summer here in India, so I think a nice huge jug of fresh juice should get me through; nothing crunchable for me, too noisy, plus I'll have to be tip-toeing to the kitchen n back Smile

My parents are wondering about this party though... it's in the house so they're fine with it, but it's on the net so they're not too sure whether they should be Crazy

Crows and Gibbets! What is The House Of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires.

(This post was edited by Earl on May 23 2008, 5:03pm)

merklynn
Lorien

May 23 2008, 5:04pm

Post #129 of 132 (2017 views)
Shortcut
Virtual parties are tidier and quieter at least [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey its the best kind of party, because you wont have all us physically in your home trashing your parent's house and long lines waiting to use the bathroom. Its going to be greeeeat. :-)

Ruby-Rose

May 23 2008, 8:39pm

Post #130 of 132 (2004 views)
Shortcut
New here but wanted to say [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I'm new here but I just wanted to say that I am so glad everyone else thought of some great questions, as I have been sitting in front of this computer for ages trying to think of a question but mind just went blank. I am reading (again) The Hobbit at the minute and all I can think of is "Oh wow this is going to look great in a film"!

Ruby-Rose

Sunflower
Valinor

May 24 2008, 3:05am

Post #131 of 132 (1980 views)
Shortcut
Have fun, y'all. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or should that be "all y'all"? Wink

I have to work Saturday, and then I am going to see Indiana Jones (again:)), so I won't be in for the live chat and won't be home until 6 hrs after the chat is over (around 10:30 PM EDT.) But that's OK, with the speed of my connection I doubt if I'd be able to make it in to the live chat anyway. But OH BOY I hope a transcript is up asap! I will be home all day Sunday though! And Xoanan's Philly radio show is 7:30 PM EDT, he'll have a LOT to discuss!

(Indy 4 is GREAT BTW...

*mild spoiler*

out of the 4 of them, IMO, if John Williams had come up with another fantastic motif (on the order of Raiders's' Ark theme or the "Family/Father-Son Theme" from Last Crusade) it would have easily been the 2nd best of the series. He does have a new motif, I call it the Skull motif, but you have to pick it out. Anyway, the guy is what, 80? Amazed he still composes. HE did a GREAT job, considering.)

Gethsemane
The Shire

May 24 2008, 7:51pm

Post #132 of 132 (2315 views)
Shortcut
questions [In reply to] Can't Post

my question was based around set design and the building of sets over and its combination with green screen and cgi.

it's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.