The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit Caption CLXXVII and Founders Day Game

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 22, 8:54pm

Post #1 of 6 (3614 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Caption CLXXVII and Founders Day Game Can't Post

Yes, we're getting a jump on next week's 22nd Founders Day festivities. The rationale for using this particular photo in The Hobbit caption contest is - now, stay with me here - see, a Hobbit "found" The One Ring, and these folks "founded" TheOneRing.net, and they're all wearing one ring, so......get it? Angelic

You are invited to write a caption (or a riddle!) in honour of the book, the film and the website. Thank you Professor, clever filmmakers of Miramar, Erica, Bill, Michael and Chris! Heart

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 30, 12:53am

Post #2 of 6 (3178 views)
Shortcut
Rings-around-the-Rosies! [In reply to] Can't Post

Rosy-cheeked and flushed with pride, all of them, and rightly so!

(What, you're saying they're not all dressed as Rosie? Well, have you never seen the pic of Calisuri dressed as Arwen? Angelic Does anyone have it?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 30, 4:34am

Post #3 of 6 (3161 views)
Shortcut
Such a lovely lass! [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 30, 12:14pm

Post #4 of 6 (3129 views)
Shortcut
*mods way, way up* [In reply to] Can't Post

The one with Billy Boyd is beyond precious. Heart

Thank you for keeping these (and posting them)!

Lissuin
Valinor

May 13, 12:05am

Post #5 of 6 (2443 views)
Shortcut
Dernwyn, m'dear, would you like to give CLXXVIII a go?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our Rosies are getting quite dizzy running around in those rings, I reckon......and Calisuri might like to have attention directed elsewhere at last. Laugh I, personally, envy all that velvet and satin - and hair.

Onward! If you would be so kind. Cheers!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 13, 11:49am

Post #6 of 6 (2414 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you, Lis, give me a day or so to poke around the screencaps for a good "distraction". Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.