Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Magic: The Gathering to Get Lord of the Rings, Warhammer 40,000 Expansion Sets

Otaku-sempai
Avenger

Feb 26, 12:59am

Post #1 of 3 (1179 views)
Shortcut
Magic: The Gathering to Get Lord of the Rings, Warhammer 40,000 Expansion Sets Can't Post

From CBR:

Magic: The Gathering will cross over with Lord of the Rings and Warhammer 40,000 in a new series of expansion sets, as Hasbro restructures.

As part of a restructuring by Hasbro, Magic: The Gathering will see upcoming expansion sets that crossover with popular franchises.

Hasbro is planning to enter into partnerships with the U.K.-based Games Workshop Group and Middle Earth Enterprises to produce expansion packs based on the Warhammer 40,000 and Lord of the Rings franchises. New video game projects based on Magic: The Gathering will be developed by Hidden Path Entertainment and OtherSide Entertainment.

#FidelityToTolkien
#DiversityWithFidelity

dernwyn
Guardian of the Galaxy / Moderator

Feb 28, 10:11pm

Post #2 of 3 (948 views)
Shortcut
I was surprised [In reply to] Can't Post

something like this would be allowed by the Estate! My son asked me this morning if anyone on TORn had mentioned it yet (he's an MtG level 0 judge at a gaming store which has been holding weekly limited-player tournaments).

He expects that Gandalf will be a Plainswalker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Otaku-sempai
Avenger

Mar 1, 2:34pm

Post #3 of 3 (899 views)
Shortcut
The Tolkien Estate not involved. [In reply to] Can't Post

This deal seems to involve Middle-earth Enterprises which is subsidiary to The Saul Zaentz Company. The Tolkien Estate has no say about this.

#FidelityToTolkien
#DiversityWithFidelity

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.