Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*THROWS OPEN DOORS* Happy Fiesta New Year!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 10, 1:49am

Post #26 of 38 (187 views)
Shortcut
Got your Wellies on! [In reply to] Can't Post

They've really covered you all over for the adventure!

Are those stalactites really that green?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 10, 1:54am

Post #27 of 38 (186 views)
Shortcut
No,that'll be the effect of the light [In reply to] Can't Post

with so much greenery around it. The most beautiful view I saw was of two high holes next to each other with a greenish light coming through, thanks to the vegetation above. They reminded me of cathedral windows but the guides called them The Eyes, which is evocative if not a little creepy. Laugh

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

cats16
Valinor

Jan 10, 8:35am

Post #28 of 38 (179 views)
Shortcut
Looks amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I had the opportunity to do this while there, but didn't have the courage. Angelic Taking the ferry to Picton was more than I could handle! Laugh

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Valinor

Jan 10, 8:43am

Post #29 of 38 (183 views)
Shortcut
Yum! [In reply to] Can't Post

*grabs veggies and cookies for later*

Thanks for hosting, gramma. Sometimes I try to do resolutions, but this year I didn't come together to really think about it. Maybe it'll be easier to have a "Covid New Year's Resolution," when I get my vaccine and can enter the land of the living again. Smile

My mom filled out her survey to get vaccinated. She doesn't know when it'll happen - I think it's purely a matter of when their governor opens it up to the 1B group. But hopefully she and my older relatives will be getting theirs sooner than later, in spite of how slow the rollout's been everywhere.

I just got back from a few days at my girlfriend's new apartment. It ended up being nice to spend the night *anywhere* other than my apartment for a change, especially for New Year's.

Wishing everyone a peaceful, positive weekend!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 10, 1:48pm

Post #30 of 38 (170 views)
Shortcut
*applause!!* [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanna do that! :D Are those bug-splats on your helmet? ;) That smiles glows as much as the hangy-down worms, imho. What a wonderful day :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 10, 1:57pm

Post #31 of 38 (170 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, cats16 [In reply to] Can't Post

And Happy New Year. I agree with your resolution and am pretty-much doing the same. I've also filled out the "survey" placing my name into whatever hat it will be drawn from. I'm hoping the placement scheduling gets a little more organized pretty soon. It would be nice to at least have a month to look forward to if not an actual week. ;)
I hope you're have a great weekend :D STAY SAFE!

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 11, 1:37am

Post #32 of 38 (151 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, it's sort of [In reply to] Can't Post

difficult to make resolutions this year. Tongue

So glad you were able to get the time away! How's your weather been? It's funny, here in New England we're having the same temps as most of Texas today - my poor brother in Austin is seeing snow! Shocked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

cats16
Valinor

Jan 11, 9:47am

Post #33 of 38 (135 views)
Shortcut
I can imagine! [In reply to] Can't Post

Even a tentative date would do wonders, I'm sure. Hopefully you will soon! Smile

cats16
Valinor

Jan 11, 9:52am

Post #34 of 38 (134 views)
Shortcut
The plus side [In reply to] Can't Post

Is not having that funny moment around February 1st where you have to admit to yourself that you *knew* the resolution wasn't feasible. But hey, I won't look down on anyone trying to better themselves!

The weather has actually been really nice here! High 60's, but sunny enough so can still break into a bit of a sweat during a long walk. The only downside of it being La NiŮa this year is that we're not expected to get the winter rain season that's needed.

Oh, geez! I didn't realize any of Texas was getting snow right now. I remember when it snowed in Atlanta a few years back - people truly didn't know what to do! Angelic

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 11, 4:06pm

Post #35 of 38 (129 views)
Shortcut
Well, now I must [In reply to] Can't Post

visit Cleveland in the winter! Cool

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 11, 4:08pm

Post #36 of 38 (128 views)
Shortcut
What a perfect adventure! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gorgeous pics. I'm so jealous! I love caves and scary ziplines, and here they are both in the same place!Cool

Annael
Immortal

Jan 11, 5:11pm

Post #37 of 38 (125 views)
Shortcut
friend of mine floated those caves [In reply to] Can't Post

years ago. She described walking through a field clutching their inner tubes, coming to a hole in the ground and climbing down into it, then coming to a point where the guide said to her, "Do what I do. Pass it on" and leapt into darkness.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

My Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/...id=1590637780&sr=8-1

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 11, 5:45pm

Post #38 of 38 (124 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now *that's* an exercise in trust! Laugh

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.