Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Good riddance to 2020: what are you watching or planning to watch pre-New Year?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 3, 2:41am

Post #51 of 56 (173 views)
Shortcut
No, not a crossover. [In reply to] Can't Post

No, you remember correctly. Wonder Woman is a DC property. Curious was simply making a comparison.

I watched Wonder Woman 1984 this afternoon. The movie isn't as good as the first one and it does have some problems, but I still enjoyed it. Max Lord is a little over-the-top (in an '80s sort of way). And I wish they didn't go in a direction with Cheetah that echoes what Tim Burton did with Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. I don't want to say much more because I'd be entering SPOILER territory.

#FidelityToTolkien
#DiversityWithFidelity

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jan 3, 3:17am

Post #52 of 56 (167 views)
Shortcut
Yay, you spotted an error and now all can see. // [In reply to] Can't Post

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jan 3, 3:19am

Post #53 of 56 (169 views)
Shortcut
From your and other posts [In reply to] Can't Post

it sounds like it's an enjoyable film if expectations are managed. I guess we'll have to cross fingers that 1) there will be another one, and 2) it will be better.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 3, 4:01pm

Post #54 of 56 (151 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I see that I also misread your previous post, somewhat. Yeah, you made a little mistake there, but so did I. It happens.

#FidelityToTolkien
#DiversityWithFidelity

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jan 4, 5:33pm

Post #55 of 56 (129 views)
Shortcut
Passing the baton... [In reply to] Can't Post

in the spirit of fresh starts for the New Year, someone else is welcome to post the "watching" tread for 2021.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 5, 11:47am

Post #56 of 56 (117 views)
Shortcut
Marathons results ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I'd be burned out; but, mercy, this was a great week! I'm thinking I'm going to have to continue on a more spread-out timeline ;)

The food-stuff was great, too! I had to modify (add to it) after spotting more tidbits during the viewings... like popcicles, Chinese food, steak, potatoes and broccoli in Marvel I; peas, carrots, cereal, sandwiches, cake, fried egg and toast, jello and pies in Harry Potter; and grapes, walnuts, green food, cake, venison and rabbit in TH/LotR (naming a few). Now I have to admit I'd replace the venison & rabbit with chicken & pork.

I also noticed that Natasha cut her peanut butter sandwich diagonally... which means she might not have known about Fury's phobia... although that was for toast. ;)

So I made it through:

The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Saw most of the Marvel flicks except Iron Man II, Thor I, Dead Pool I & II, Guardians I and Hulk. I'll still watch these, but they didn't make it into my holiday week timeline.

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.