Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Livestream Interview with Doug Adams tonight! (Shameless self promotion)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sat, 5:43pm

Post #1 of 7 (170 views)
Shortcut
Livestream Interview with Doug Adams tonight! (Shameless self promotion) Can't Post

Hello, my friends! I posted about this in Fiesta Friday, but I thought I'd let you all know here as well.

I'm doing an interview on my YouTube Channel tonight at 7 PM ET with "Music of the Lord of the Rings Films" author Doug Adams. Smile

I had a bit of a shock yesterday when my announcement on Twitter was retweeted by Sir Ian McKellen himself! So I'm still quite shaken by that. Laugh

Would love for any of you who are interested to come watch (and chat). Should be a lot of fun!

If you enjoy the interview, do please subscribe to the channel! My co-host and I will be talking about all three LotR films throughout December.

Here's the link to the interview stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv9cgkYUSw4

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that." - Viggo Mortensen

Come join me in discussing all things cinema and television on my YouTube Channel John Webster Film.

Chen G.
Rohan

Sat, 8:15pm

Post #2 of 7 (144 views)
Shortcut
Great [In reply to] Can't Post

Any specific topics on the agenda for discussion with Doug?

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sat, 9:47pm

Post #3 of 7 (142 views)
Shortcut
We'll just be discussing the LotR score.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...delving into themes, talking about the concerts, Doug's book. Things like that. Smile

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that." - Viggo Mortensen

Come join me in discussing all things cinema and television on my YouTube Channel John Webster Film.

Chen G.
Rohan

Sun, 10:25am

Post #4 of 7 (107 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful [In reply to] Can't Post

Doug did a lot of interviews recently, but its nice to have one which is with someone clearly steeped in that music. Makes a hell of a difference.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sun, 9:57pm

Post #5 of 7 (69 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had the time of my life, and it went fantastically well! Did you watch it then? Hope everyone enjoyed it! Heart

Lissuin
Valinor

Sun, 10:46pm

Post #6 of 7 (70 views)
Shortcut
Well, that was fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just popping in to say thanks. I was only able to watch the first hour live and am glad to see that the entire program is still up on your website, I assume permanently, so I'll finish watching at leisure. I'd never heard Doug Adams describe his personal recollections, musical and otherwise, of LOTR. His continued enthusiasm for the experience is still very apparent. The observations he made about the original film crew were reflected in his own description of those times. Paraphrasing: There were no egos involved. It was like they all knew they were working on a legacy project.

A legacy project, indeed. Cheers, all!

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Mon, 3:02am

Post #7 of 7 (56 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it'll be up permanently! [In reply to] Can't Post

I keep all my livestreams up, so you guys can watch it whenever you like. Smile Thank you very much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure. Doug was so nice! Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.