Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to a scary Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ioreth
Spider-person

Oct 31 2020, 9:10pm

Post #51 of 56 (196 views)
Shortcut
it is even worse north of the polar circle! [In reply to] Can't Post

2006/2007 I had a shorter job in the municipality of Jokkmokk.
I was NOT used to the midnight sun - but the coolest thing was our extended LOTR marathon me and a friend did.
We started watching at around 4 in the afternoon - and the sun was high in the sky. We finished around 5 in the morning - and the sun was still high in the sky! :) :P
The winter was hard. I bought my first light therapy lamp up there ...
But the Aurora Borealis was a blast. Crips snow (down to 30 degrees below celsius) and next to no lights if you were in the right place and a flaming sky! sooooo beautiful!

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 31 2020, 9:51pm

Post #52 of 56 (190 views)
Shortcut
OH! Bwahahaha! [In reply to] Can't Post

It feels like it, though!!!!!!! *still sniggering*

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

Greenwood Hobbit
Justice League

Oct 31 2020, 11:31pm

Post #53 of 56 (182 views)
Shortcut
I just cut very simple spooky faces into them, looking worriedly at each other [In reply to] Can't Post

with a big spider dangling just above them. It worked fine and was a bit different.

cats16
Wakandian

Nov 1 2020, 6:54am

Post #54 of 56 (162 views)
Shortcut
Quite the challenge! [In reply to] Can't Post

Halloween is the day of the year where I bow in awe to costume designers or anyone who works with clothing. I'm seeing a lot of folks posting costume photos online - it seems that the festive spirit lives on during "Halloween at Home." (Except for my ridiculous neighbors whose far too large gathering is still roaring very loudly at midnight! Pirate)

So far so good! I'm getting concerned for my family in the Midwest. I think we'd all gotten accustomed to them being most concerned for *me* here in a city, yet now I'm the one losing sleep about them!

Hehe, once my girlfriend and I start to say "it's two blanket weather," I know winter is coming! Angelic

Hope you have a great one too!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Wakandian

Nov 1 2020, 7:06am

Post #55 of 56 (160 views)
Shortcut
You'd never guess I'm originally from the Midwest [In reply to] Can't Post

I've turned into a self-admitted wimp, in terms of tolerating cold temps! Cool Two weeks at Sundance this year really kicked my butt.

Ah, I am jealous for those with fireplaces! So relaxing to build a fire and relax on a cold night.

Her boss is back up and running, thankfully. A few scattered kids in quarantine, but it sounds like the adults in town are the ones increasing the spread in the area through poor behavior (I know that shocks no one!) I've heard that there have been several weddings recently, including one with over 100 people indoors, unmasked. Oy, oy...

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Annael
Avenger

Nov 1 2020, 5:27pm

Post #56 of 56 (134 views)
Shortcut
I bet! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've spent time in Alaska and in Norway in the summer. We were hiking and camping in a tent in Norway and had a terrible time sleeping. But I love dark & cold so I think I'd really enjoy a midwinter trip to see the night skies.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

My Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/...id=1590637780&sr=8-1

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.