Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
October 21 – Back to the Future Day!

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 21 2020, 12:35pm

Post #1 of 5 (143 views)
Shortcut
October 21 – Back to the Future Day! Can't Post

October 21, 2015 at 7:28 is the date Marty McFly set to travel to the past launching a fantastic Quest! AND… Great Scott!... this year (2020) has another layer of awesome because October 21, 2015 fell on a Wednesday! *check calendar* Today is Wednesday, too!

Whoa! This is heavy! ;D

If you were going to throw a BttF Viewing Party, what food would you have from the film?

Gotta have pizza

and (Frisbee) pie

Doc Brown's ice tea

What else!?

sample

We have been there and back again.

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

Greenwood Hobbit
Justice League

Oct 26 2020, 7:33pm

Post #2 of 5 (101 views)
Shortcut
I am SOOO late to the party on this one! [In reply to] Can't Post

I enjoyed those films so much. I still have a towel that I sent off for as a special offer from KP peanuts; 'Back to the Future III with KP' is written across it and it's just the right size to wrap round my head when I've washed my hair, so it's in regular use - though becoming a little thin! - after all this time. I daresay it makes the neighbours chuckle when it's drying on the washing line...

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 28 2020, 10:39am

Post #3 of 5 (81 views)
Shortcut
*envious drool* Oh man [In reply to] Can't Post

What A Score! :D Isn't it funny what our treasures are? ;) I love it! Film III is my favourite.
I just watched a special program about the original Delorean. It had been left outside for 20 years (+-) where the weather, sun and fans took their toll. Parts came up missing, creatures moved in, and it was off on a back lot wasting away. Rabid fans who were professionals, including one from NASA, were given a year to restore it. They even put out a plea for anyone who had missing parts to please return them... which happened! The work was flawless and impeccably done as only fans would/could do. The films' Delorean overseer was dumbfounded at how incredible it was!! It's now in a protected indoor display for everyone to enjoy.

sample

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

Alassea Elensar
Spider-person

Oct 28 2020, 8:03pm

Post #4 of 5 (76 views)
Shortcut
I've only recently [In reply to] Can't Post

started catching up with all the wonderful Dr. Pol episodes, and was surprised to find out he's a classic car buff. He owns a Delorean! Smile

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 28 2020, 11:41pm

Post #5 of 5 (68 views)
Shortcut
I have to play catch-up, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll definitely watch for that one! *twitch* He's so fun!

sample

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.