Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*looks around, opens doors* It's Friday - time for Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Wakandian

Oct 21 2020, 9:16pm

Post #76 of 82 (240 views)
Shortcut
I kid you not... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I mixed this concerto up with someone else's. Angelic I've heard this one a few times! I realized it the second Stern began to play in the video you shared. Thanks for sending - this is so great!

Haha I would have had similar situations had I not had good headphones in school. Cool

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Ethel Duath
Asgardian

Oct 21 2020, 10:08pm

Post #77 of 82 (234 views)
Shortcut
Headphones, [In reply to] Can't Post

the big, black puffy kind that existed "back then," would have put me on the floor crammed in between the stereo and her dresser, so that's probably why it didn't occur to me.Laugh It probably wouldn't have anyway--hardly anyone used them for some reason. That sure changed over the years!

Glad you liked Stern!

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 22 2020, 2:10pm

Post #78 of 82 (203 views)
Shortcut
It is good to know [In reply to] Can't Post

They got back to you with that decision pretty fast, actually! I agree it's better to have that resolved so you can move on... and you're moving on! Good luck on the poetry and screenplay. My g'son has entered one of the writing competitions others have mention here over the years. He's like you... loves to get in there and create stories. He's in his final year of college and has plans to write screenplays and be affiliated with film-making for a living.
How wonderful that you've connected with your Aunt! She sounds like a treasure... and for you both to discover each other is absolutely wonderful!!! Get her b'day and card her! ;)
Good luck on your script! Just throw stuff into the 'puter and release that backlog of ideas :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 22 2020, 2:31pm

Post #79 of 82 (201 views)
Shortcut
Lots of excitement and drama this year for everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

While I get tired of the turbulence on so many fronts, it really does help me to appreciate humdrum and boredom. Bring On The Monotony! I usually make popcorn ;)

I hope you have a wonderful week and that the results were to your liking. I mean weeding, of course ;)

sample

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 22 2020, 2:45pm

Post #80 of 82 (199 views)
Shortcut
Yes and yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of what's cut up will be firewood, but I've also saved out some uniquely shaped pieces to make artwork or furniture or whatever inspires me. I love wood and really have trouble burning up something that has been a part of my home/yard for 30 years.

Yes on the cinnamon stick please :D

And yes on the Petosky stones and many others will be a part of my Hobbit-hole. I'm thinking that the round flat stones would make a nice border for the round door and window(s). I'm still gestalting what I'll do with that. But what fun! :D

You have a great week/weekend too, m'dear!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Avenger

Oct 22 2020, 2:50pm

Post #81 of 82 (200 views)
Shortcut
*applause!!* Wow! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

CONGRATULATIONS! You were so right to following your gut and inspiration on this! WELL DONE! What a great line-up of participants and collaboration! I'm so SO happy for you! *high five*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

cats16
Wakandian

Oct 22 2020, 6:26pm

Post #82 of 82 (195 views)
Shortcut
Onward and upward! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you - sometimes it truly is just a matter of pounding your fingers on the keyboard and finding what version of a story you *don't* want to tell. Good luck to your grandson! Very cool he is taking the plunge.

Ah, good idea re: birthday card! Cool

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.