The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
R.I.P. Diana Rigg

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 10 2020, 4:15pm

Post #1 of 8 (318 views)
Shortcut
R.I.P. Diana Rigg Can't Post

The Huffington Post reports that actress Diana Rigg passed away peacefully at home at the age of 82.

Rigg’s daughter, Rachael Stirling, told HuffPost her mother was diagnosed with cancer in March and died peacefully in her sleep early Thursday, surrounded by family.

Ms. Rigg as Emma Peel (BBC's The Avengers) was (along with Yvonne Craig) one of my first crushes. She will be missed. Condolences to her family, friends, colleagues and many fans.

#FidelityToTolkien

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 10 2020, 9:26pm

Post #2 of 8 (288 views)
Shortcut
Such sad news, [In reply to] Can't Post

but man did she live a life! And left behind her a great legacy of screen and stage work.

RIP Ms Rigg.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Sep 11 2020, 12:39am

Post #3 of 8 (288 views)
Shortcut
She appeared on Broadway just two years ago. [In reply to] Can't Post

As Mrs. Higgins in My Fair Lady. R.I.P.

Treachery, treachery I fear; treachery of that miserable creature.

But so it must be. Let us remember that a traitor may betray himself and do good that he does not intend.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 11 2020, 5:12am

Post #4 of 8 (273 views)
Shortcut
"Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me." [In reply to] Can't Post

A brilliant performance. Heart

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Sep 11 2020, 4:59pm

Post #5 of 8 (258 views)
Shortcut
Indeed, cats. Indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll never forget that. One of the most memorable moments of the series. Talk about going out like a boss, and winning in losing!

I first saw her in Theatre of Blood. Back in my youth, they played alot of old Vincent Price movies on TV, and this was one of the ones in rotation. I believe both she and Price considered it their favorite movie.

R.I.P., Queen of Thorns.

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 12 2020, 4:05am

Post #6 of 8 (250 views)
Shortcut
I was so sad to hear this. [In reply to] Can't Post

I first remember her as Emma Peel in a programme the grown-ups talked about but I was too young to watch. She was the last word in glamour!..

A life very well-lived, and she's left us with so many wonderful memories of her work.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Annael
Immortal

Sep 14 2020, 2:07am

Post #7 of 8 (224 views)
Shortcut
she'll always be Mrs. Peel to me [In reply to] Can't Post

one of the first kick-ass warrior girls on TV. My older brother had a massive crush on her. I got him a sticker saying "Protected by Mrs. Peel" for one birthday.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

My Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/...id=1590637780&sr=8-1

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 14 2020, 5:20pm

Post #8 of 8 (191 views)
Shortcut
Evanier Reminisces. [In reply to] Can't Post

Television and comics writer Mark Evanier had a little bit to post about Ms. Rigg:

Yes, I am well aware that the lovely 'n' talented Diana Rigg died a few days ago. I didn't mention it at the time because I didn't want to be one of the first million guys in my age bracket to admit to having an enormous crush on the lady back when The Avengers was airing on American television. As I recall, she was on the Crush Scale a notch or three below Mary Tyler Moore in her Laura Petrie days and slightly above Yvonne Craig as Batgirl when she wasn't wearing the Batgirl costume. I never met Ms. Rigg and only found myself in the same room as her on this one occasion.

Mark is a few years older than me, but close enough that we have many of the same memories (I can't say that I every really held a crush for Mary Tyler Moore, lovely as she was).

#FidelityToTolkien

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.