Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum - Official Teaser Trailer (IGN)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 24 2020, 3:01pm

Post #1 of 4 (10551 views)
Shortcut
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum - Official Teaser Trailer (IGN) Can't Post

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFYCR1G2n9k

#FidelityToTolkien

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 24 2020, 6:08pm

Post #2 of 4 (10541 views)
Shortcut
IGN: The Lord of the Rings: Gollum Is a 'Prince of Persia-Like' Stealth Game With a Branching Narrative [In reply to] Can't Post

IGN reports:

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum will mix Prince of Persia-like stealth action, feature a branching narrative, and expand on the hints given by J.R.R. Tolkien about the Stoor-formerly-known-as-Sméagol to create a brand new Lord of the Rings story that aims to fit alongside the books.
Daedelic still isn't showing off gameplay footage of its 2021 next-gen stealth project, but the game's developers spoke exclusively to IGN about Gollum's mixture of stealth-action and interactive narrative gameplay, how they're expanding on Tolkien's original fiction, how they tried to create a version of the character you actually want to spend time with, and more.

We can also reveal a first CG teaser trailer, giving you a better look at this take on Gollum, and the Mordor he finds himself stranded in.

#FidelityToTolkien

AshNazg
Gondor

Aug 24 2020, 11:30pm

Post #3 of 4 (10541 views)
Shortcut
Optimistic about this game... [In reply to] Can't Post

No-one seems to like the style, but it reminds me of The Hobbit PC game, which I loved, and I’m willing to keep an open mind for it. I’m sure it’s not trying to be groundbreaking or anything, but could be fun.

The music is great. The only thing I’m not sure on is that design for Barad-dur. But that’s a minor complaint.

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Aug 24 2020, 11:43pm)

Tolkien R.J.J
Rivendell

Nov 27 2020, 3:14am

Post #4 of 4 (5053 views)
Shortcut
Interesting Idea [In reply to] Can't Post

But not for me.

“I am in fact a Hobbit (in all but size). I like gardens, trees and unmechanized farmlands; I smoke a pipe, and like good plain food (unrefrigerated), but detest French cooking; I like, and even dare to wear in these dull days, ornamental waistcoats. I am fond of mushrooms (out of a field); have a very simple sense of humour (which even my appreciative critics find tiresome); I go to bed late and get up late.”
J.R.R Tolkien

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.