The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Marquette University Tolkien Project

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 12 2020, 3:00am

Post #1 of 4 (1529 views)
Shortcut
Marquette University Tolkien Project Can't Post

Late last Fall, I posted about my adventure to the Raynor Library at Marquette University where I participated in a collection of interviews of what Tolkien means to me. The project is the brainchild of the Library's Archivist, William Fliss. There's still plenty of time to join in and become a part of the collective ;)

Here's a link to the TORn Homepage article with links and a full explanation of what this is all about.

Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project

sample

We have been there and back again.

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 18 2020, 11:29am

Post #2 of 4 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Bill Fliss sends greetings :D [In reply to] Can't Post

He's finding ways to work around the Covid 19 virus and will be starting live presentations of Tolkien's works in Spring 2021. However, he is ready to arrange online interviews right now :D His enthusiasm is infectious... and encouraging!

sample

We have been there and back again.

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 25 2020, 1:13am

Post #3 of 4 (1356 views)
Shortcut
That's so cool, gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

The Tolkien Collection there is amazing.

FrogmortonJustice65
Lorien

Aug 27 2020, 2:49pm

Post #4 of 4 (1256 views)
Shortcut
very cool [In reply to] Can't Post

I will be curious to see the oral history project once it reaches completion.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.