Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*KICKS OPEN DOOR* It's time for FIESTA FRIDAY!!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 10, 8:44pm

Post #26 of 34 (155 views)
Shortcut
I'd not heard of that, before! [In reply to] Can't Post

Had to look up "capoeira". What an interesting combination of dance and defensive arts!

Do people still play chess outdoors in the parks there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 10, 8:45pm

Post #27 of 34 (154 views)
Shortcut
No power outages? No floods? [In reply to] Can't Post

No blast from the storm went your way?

Probably just as well, since your area gets pummeled by snowstorms in the wintertime!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 10, 9:08pm

Post #28 of 34 (156 views)
Shortcut
Western Australia, where Perth is, [In reply to] Can't Post

is doing very well. They've closed their borders against some (all?) other states and locals are able to get out and about freely. However, I've read a story about health workers being worried that their single-digit number of active Covid cases could rise dramatically with the influx of returning residents.

But overall, it seems that their state government has a strong handle on things.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 10, 9:13pm

Post #29 of 34 (159 views)
Shortcut
No boys allowed. [In reply to] Can't Post

No rams, that is :). Two of our girls came to us because their previous owner decided they weren't physically up to having any more lambs (one developed a liver condition; the other had a problem with her udder), so it was the meatworks or a long and happy retirement here. We're now at sheep capacity, so any lambs born here (to the other two) would have to be rehomed anyway. We do get to enjoy seeing (and hearing!) lambs on the neighbouring properties, though.

After years of city living, I've definitely returned to being the country/small town girl I always was at heart!

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

(This post was edited by Kimi on Aug 11, 8:36pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 11, 12:12am

Post #30 of 34 (150 views)
Shortcut
What storm? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
No blast from the storm went your way?

Probably just as well, since your area gets pummeled by snowstorms in the wintertime!

No, the last weather to hit WNY affected Niagara and Orleans Counties, but we got nuttin'.

#FidelityToTolkien

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 11, 11:26am

Post #31 of 34 (123 views)
Shortcut
Ohhhh... what a great day :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad the day was so lovely for you all :) AND that you were able to visit your Aunt and enjoyed the great weather with her, too. You'll all warm yourselves with these memories.

The dentist visit went much better than I anticipated! You KNOW I was doing a lot of praying on my scaredy-cat fear... but she was awesome! Numbing gel, lots of scraping, antibiotic slathered on, and absolutely no pain or discomfort even now! She said if we hadn't missed my 6-month check/cleaning, it wouldn't have happened. I always have a lot of tarter... so it kinda went crazy eventho I scrubbed back there consistently. I'm going back every 4 months instead of the typical 6; but that's ok! Keeping all of my white horses in their proper stalls is totally fine with me :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 11, 11:31am

Post #32 of 34 (127 views)
Shortcut
Critters know when they've been saved. [In reply to] Can't Post

No wonder they're having so much fun. Life is easier, funner, and uncrowded. In other words... your home is a happy zone :D

sample

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 11, 8:38pm

Post #33 of 34 (114 views)
Shortcut
That's a nice thought :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 11, 9:48pm

Post #34 of 34 (111 views)
Shortcut
Shades of Bill the Pony ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.