Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Another Friday and another Fiesta!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 3, 7:00pm

Post #26 of 43 (241 views)
Shortcut
Our main shortage is medicines. [In reply to] Can't Post

At the start of lockdown the health agencies switched from allowing three-month repeat prescriptions to monthly, and occasionally the pharmacies don't have enough medication on hand to fulfill those. I haven't gone without yet, but it's been close a couple of times.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

CuriousG
Half-elven

Aug 3, 8:32pm

Post #27 of 43 (235 views)
Shortcut
Connecticut always takes one for the team so Massachusetts gets off easy [In reply to] Can't Post

But stay safe anyway! And tell the Ents to help the trees *bend* but not break.

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Aug 3, 11:00pm

Post #28 of 43 (230 views)
Shortcut
Just re-label it in [In reply to] Can't Post

*Really Big Letters*!!! Shocked

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 3, 11:37pm

Post #29 of 43 (230 views)
Shortcut
It's hard to make plans [In reply to] Can't Post

But we still do/should! I'm glad you're finding relaxing comfort with your tea and wafers :D That's the perfect way to handle these days.

I have also stocked up on things I'd normally pick up when needed. My daughter got SO excited this weekend when she found a can of Lysol Spray to disinfecting her son's new apartment at university. I have gathered all I can of the ingredients for my coffee (I make diet café Vienna). Nonfat powdered milk and vanilla pudding are very hard to find nowadays.

I hope you have a fantastic week :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 3, 11:40pm

Post #30 of 43 (228 views)
Shortcut
whoa... [In reply to] Can't Post

That could be scary. I have the 3-month med supply and have not had a problem. Even if there was, neither of my scripts are vital. Old-lady bone stuff and cholesterol. I can carry on without any of it :)

sample

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength." – Theodore Roosevelt

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 3, 11:46pm

Post #31 of 43 (229 views)
Shortcut
Even remnants of storms are nasty [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw where the wind gusts can be pretty intense... like we had here recently. I hope you get missed :( Especially with all the work you've done on your house! No damage please!

I don't think she did see a big slab of the counter. She said she really couldn't tell by the small piece she saw... so I think you're right. She got some of the same counter for her bathroom, too.

I'm glad they warned you on the colour of your carpet. Too many people try to match what might be in a couch/chair/curtain. That's when it can get messy ;)

TAKE CARE!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 3, 11:59pm

Post #32 of 43 (226 views)
Shortcut
Not western Massachusetts! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mom-in-law in the Berkshires was under a tornado watch yesterday, and apparently there was some activity around the CT/MA border towns, in less populated areas.

Looks like the storm is moving westward, so we'll get just an edge of it here - enough to be blowy and wet. Got all the chairs and plants off the deck, and the trash cans secured!

We had an arborist inspect our trees a couple years ago. He lopped several branches, and removed a couple trees, but declared the rest to be sound, and able to withstand high winds. Smile

I hope you can get a bit of rain out of this, it's been so dry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 4, 12:00am

Post #33 of 43 (227 views)
Shortcut
*snert* We call it Anniversary [In reply to] Can't Post

Although it does deserve its own unique title :D 50th D'oh!?

He's doing much better. It'll be a year on the 14th, but he still doesn't get around as freely as he'd like. Still has the wheelchair nearby and uses the walker. To be honest (and he's the first to say it), he's put on a lot of weight (25-30 lbs) which doesn't help. He was a bit already up there before the accident. So putting that much weight on a rebuilt ankle/foot isn't going too well. But the pain is much better... which is terrific!

You're right about the boxes. There were several I never unpacked...and it's been worse since I got this house. I'm a mathom keeper, so going from having only what fit in our old van during our hippie year to enough stuff to fill a 3-bedroom house and full basement/garage is quite a jump ;)

I haven't tried Bananagram (that's it!) at a restaurant! I'll have to give it a go when they re-open. My mom used to take it and build all the 8-letter words she could. The 7-letters; 6-letters, etc. Each phase she had to use ALL the tiles or she'd start all over again. Incredible Lady :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 4, 12:01am

Post #34 of 43 (227 views)
Shortcut
I think we'll never get [In reply to] Can't Post

a wind like what you had - that incredible microburst! Are you all cleaned up from that now?

She got the same for her bathroom? How did it work out, in there?

Hatches are battened down! Laugh

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 4, 12:06am

Post #35 of 43 (226 views)
Shortcut
That's a problem [In reply to] Can't Post

when you get wheelchair-bound for a long time, you're not using up the calories you're used to! But I am glad he's doing well.

Isn't it funny how the amount of stuff you have expands to fill any available space? Laugh But your Tolkien collection alone takes up a full room, doesn't it? Angelic

Your Mom was a word whiz! *bows deeply* Heart

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 4, 12:09am

Post #36 of 43 (226 views)
Shortcut
Oh No! [In reply to] Can't Post

The equipment rolled on him!? He's lucky it didn't crush him! I can't believe he made it back. Otherwise he'd have been laying out there for hours since he's such a work-a-holic! Ow... and so scary! There's being tough, and there's being reckless. If he becomes disabled, who is going to take care of him every day? THAT would drive him crazy not being able to do for himself.

Work sounds nuts right now. Are they trying to make up for lost time? There's no way you can do the work of several weeks in several days that are already very full. Hang in there and pace yourself. I hope they mean it when the encourage you to do the best you can. Wow... Take Care :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Aug 5, 1:29pm

Post #37 of 43 (200 views)
Shortcut
Never tried cafe Vienna - [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to look it up! Sounds very tasty. Managed to get away into North Wales for a two night camping trip with the family; my favourite site is only accepting regulars and limiting numbers, so there was plenty of space for the boys and the dog to run around and play. They love camping - catch 'em young, I say! The dog gets a bit nervous when he can't see his pack members, though, bless him. Back home now, but it was a real breath of fresh air.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 6, 1:07pm

Post #38 of 43 (179 views)
Shortcut
So great :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Young boys, dogs and camping! Perfect ingredients for loads of fun. I'm so glad you're able to still get out to your favourite campgrounds :D More fun and special nowadays!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 6, 5:19pm

Post #39 of 43 (175 views)
Shortcut
What fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad you were able to get away! Is that the campground in Snowdonia?

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Aug 6, 7:21pm

Post #40 of 43 (175 views)
Shortcut
Lots of fun - [In reply to] Can't Post

the 6am wake-up howl from the dog, not so much...Crazy

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Aug 6, 7:27pm

Post #41 of 43 (173 views)
Shortcut
Yes, that's the one - [In reply to] Can't Post

the website is www.rynys-camping.co.uk if you want to have a look at it. There's a button with a panorama view (a bit dated now, but gives the general impression), but it only shows the top field, not the lower field where we were. Countryside is lovely round there. On the other hand, if it rains, it RAINS!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 6, 10:00pm

Post #42 of 43 (170 views)
Shortcut
Well, after all, it IS Wales! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wales and Rain are synonymous! Laugh

The place looks delightful, no wonder you enjoy going there!

(And I'm at a point in my studies where I can understand most of the Welsh written on the home page. Pronouncing it, on the other hand...Tongue)

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Aug 7, 11:40am

Post #43 of 43 (134 views)
Shortcut
Welsh is a wonderful language [In reply to] Can't Post

but rather a challenge! I made a start on learning it years ago, but never progressed very far. I'd love to be able to read the poems of Dafydd ap Gwilym in the original Welsh; they're good translated into English, but that doesn't have the music of the original language.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.