Silmaril
Rohan

May 28 2020, 8:31am

Post #1 of 13 (4224 views)
Shortcut
LORD OF THE RINGS Reunites Apart on Sunday 5/31 Can't Post

The Lord Of The Rings Cast Is Reuniting Thanks To Josh Gad
Sunday 5/31
Sean Astin, Ian McKellen, Elijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan, Orlando Bloom, Billy Boyd, Peter Jackson, Viggo Mortensen, Andy Serkis, Sean Bean, Karl Urban, Mirando Otto, John Rhys-Davies and Liv Tyler.

Link youtube

Link Peter Jackson

Link Dom Monaghan

(This post was edited by Silmaril on May 28 2020, 8:43am)

Silmaril
Rohan

May 31 2020, 5:07pm

Post #2 of 13 (3919 views)
Shortcut
Loved it!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love them all!!!

Solicitr
Gondor

May 31 2020, 7:42pm

Post #3 of 13 (3896 views)
Shortcut
Subject [In reply to] Can't Post

Very revealing that PJ would contrast "boring dialogue scenes" with doing "something cool."

Loresilme
Valinor

May 31 2020, 10:03pm

Post #4 of 13 (3869 views)
Shortcut
Thank you- this was wonderful-a must watch for lovers of the film trilogy [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing this, Silmaril. It was sweet, funny and unexpectedly touching. A trip down memory lane with old 'friends'... smiles, laughs and a tear or two Heart.

What an incredible, one of a kind, magical moment in time the LOTR trilogy was.

Here is the link to the full reunion with all participants:

One Zoom to Rule Them All

Thanks again Silmaril.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 31 2020, 10:38pm

Post #5 of 13 (3863 views)
Shortcut
I get that [In reply to] Can't Post

the dry, deadpan humour that's common to so many NZers can be difficult to pick up so you'll just have to take my word for it that he isn't serious.

Also, it makes sense to grab the attention of worried, money-focused executives with an action piece rather than asking them to buy into a scene of rich Tolkien dialogue, cold, without any story build-up that audiences of the movie would have.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

squire
Half-elven

Jun 1 2020, 2:11am

Post #6 of 13 (3835 views)
Shortcut
I hate to be such a NARF [In reply to] Can't Post

but I found the host guy so absolutely annoying in every way that I stopped watching a little after McKellen joined in.

It was somehow always about the host guy - who hasn't learned that one doesn't lean into the wide-angle lens and who doesn't realize that LotR film fans don't care very much about him, as he wasn't in the movie and would just like to get to the actors interacting.

Oh, well. Just my own reaction, of course. More power to those who loved the feature - enjoy!

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Solicitr
Gondor

Jun 1 2020, 2:48am

Post #7 of 13 (3825 views)
Shortcut
I agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

He's that sort of hipster-geek YouTube/podcast host who isn't nearly as cool as he thinks he is and just annoys the hell out of me.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Jun 1 2020, 6:35pm

Post #8 of 13 (3717 views)
Shortcut
I enjoyed it - as you said, a "must watch" [In reply to] Can't Post

My only regret was that Cate Blanchett didn't join in (especially since she had done something similar with Taika Waititi about a week ago), and that Viggo Mortensen didn't get to re-enact a scene from the films. Particular highlights were when several of the cast revealed the props they had taken from the set; when Miranda Otto and Liv Tyler flawlessly recited their speechs in Old English and Elvish, respectively; the toast to Andrew Jack's memory; and when Billy Boyd sang "The Edge Of Night". I also appreciated that Ian Holm was able to send in a message despite not being able to attend in person.

Chen G.
Gondor

Jun 1 2020, 6:48pm

Post #9 of 13 (3712 views)
Shortcut
Its also not true [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
the dry, deadpan humour that's common to so many NZers can be difficult to pick up so you'll just have to take my word for it that he isn't serious.

Because the very first scenes Viggo shot were the dialogue with the Hobbits in the Pracing Pony.

I loved this reunion. Everyone were in high good mood for it, which is nice to see. Blanchett, Weaving and Hill were missed, though.

(This post was edited by Chen G. on Jun 1 2020, 6:50pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 1 2020, 7:58pm

Post #10 of 13 (3694 views)
Shortcut
Did you watch to the very end? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bernard Hill makes an appearance.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Erethen
The Shire

Jun 2 2020, 3:42pm

Post #11 of 13 (3619 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

This was such a heartwarming thing to watch and I find it really hard to express how much this meant to me during these trying times.

This cast is such a family it felt like a natural extension of the lovely interviews and interactions of the glorious appendices.

My only wish is that it could have been even longer to see them together more, but that’s just greedy. Wink

This was truly day making, and I’m sure I’ll rewatch several times. Here’s to hoping one day we’ll get retrospective interviews on some future home media release.

Solicitr
Gondor

Jun 2 2020, 4:29pm

Post #12 of 13 (3611 views)
Shortcut
Subject [In reply to] Can't Post

According to both Viggo and PJ in this very podcast, the first scene he shot was the Weathertop fight.

Chen G.
Gondor

Jun 2 2020, 5:43pm

Post #13 of 13 (3603 views)
Shortcut
They're misremembering [In reply to] Can't Post

According to Ian Nathan's Anything You Can Imagine: Peter Jackson and the Making of Middle-earth, pp. 315 ff:

Legend gives Mortensen a heroic entrance battling with the wraiths at Weathertop, but in truth that was still a few days away. They first had to complete the prolonged Prancing Pony scenes.
Recalls Jackson: [..]"It is the scene where he is in the Pracing Pony bedroom, telling the Hobbits about the Nazgul. That scene was Day One of Viggo.[..]Then we shot the stuff of him smoking in the corner."

(This post was edited by Chen G. on Jun 2 2020, 5:52pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.