Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Coronavirus: Avatar producer Jon Landau heading back to New Zealand

Moahunter
Rohan

May 23, 9:00am

Post #1 of 5 (175 views)
Shortcut
Coronavirus: Avatar producer Jon Landau heading back to New Zealand Can't Post

I heard this evening that production is starting up again next week.https://www.stuff.co.nz/...-back-to-new-zealand

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

May 23, 3:23pm

Post #2 of 5 (148 views)
Shortcut
Heard that too. [In reply to] Can't Post

If all the work with the actors is done and it's mainly CGI left to complete, I can see that if everyone involved is socially distanced. The question will be distribution, as there's no way to tell when it will be safe to go back to theatres again.

Annael
Immortal

May 24, 4:50pm

Post #3 of 5 (131 views)
Shortcut
it's too bad almost all the drive-ins went under [In reply to] Can't Post

There is one just outside the town I lived in for 20 years . . . they'll be doing a booming business this summer I bet!

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 24, 6:54pm

Post #4 of 5 (119 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking the same thing about drive-in theaters [In reply to] Can't Post

But they took up a lot of space, and that space got turned into other things, so it's not easy to bring them back. Then again, given demand, maybe it wouldn't be hard to find some fields near towns and cities that could be converted in a sort of slapdash way: big screen, food truck for snacks, and maybe you listen on your smartphone if you have their app? Who knows.

Annael
Immortal

May 26, 2:44pm

Post #5 of 5 (93 views)
Shortcut
when the same town had its annual film festival [In reply to] Can't Post

There was a huge blow-up screen that got set up in a field to show movies. So yeah, it could happen pretty easily. Where I'm living now, someone set up a "drive-in" in a parking lot one night with a big white cloth stretch across one building's side, and the sound going over an FM channel.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.