Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws open door!!* How about a bit of Fiesta Friday!? :D
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

May 23, 11:22am

Post #26 of 37 (362 views)
Shortcut
Thanks gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Still windy today, I am watching my garden fence rather nervously and the washing is VERY firmly pegged on the line!

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

May 23, 11:27am

Post #27 of 37 (362 views)
Shortcut
Haven't lost anything important yet - [In reply to] Can't Post

there's a large 'Penelope' climbing rose absolutely covered in buds, with the first flowers out, that has grown above the top of the rather unsteady garden fence and is swaying arond alarmingly despite my best efforts to tie it up; that and teh fence are my main concerns. This wind will have blown through by tonight, I think, so - fingers crossed!
As an experiment I put a chunk of bara brith in the freezer - never tried freezing it before. I'll be defrosting that tomorrow and will find how it coped with the process!

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

May 23, 11:31am

Post #28 of 37 (362 views)
Shortcut
I had to Google tamarillo, never heard of it - [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it looked like a little plum tomato, then found that another name for it is in fact 'tree tomato'. Interesting! You learn something every day. They seem to be packed with vitamins and other goodies - enjoy!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 23, 3:29pm

Post #29 of 37 (344 views)
Shortcut
Good for you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to new roomie and cheers to existing!!

I think it's a wonderful idea to bring her into the fold... especially when you see she's in distress. I do very well all by my onsies; but my daughter and so many others I know just don't fare well without more interaction... which really is more understandable. I'm so glad your roommates are good with it, too. One more person to play the scrabble-esque game banagrams with!

Definitely go out and have a nice drive. Maybe take a picnic and enjoy the gooder weather. AND I'm so glad your job is so flexible and cooperative. I think things are opening WAY too soon (though understandable work/income is needed). It feels like we'll be starting all over again when the wave of new contaminations hits.

Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend!!

sample

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 23, 3:35pm

Post #30 of 37 (344 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo!!! All great news!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

CONGRATS on so many layers of progress and resolutions. BG and you have really been through it (and your family), so to see all the hard work and waiting (and anxiety associated with it) is such a heart-warming thing. WELL DONE! And do NOT fret on Fiesta! We all know we'll never be deprived of a drink!!

*massive hug* Hang in there! GOOD LUCK AND PACE YOURSELF(SELVES)!!!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on May 23, 3:37pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 23, 3:36pm

Post #31 of 37 (342 views)
Shortcut
Lookie! We got her to speak French!!!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 23, 6:42pm

Post #32 of 37 (334 views)
Shortcut
Incroyable! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

I hope everything's going well at that sale, and that she's got great weather for it - we know what a relief it will be, once they can get that house sale-ready!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Annael
Immortal

May 24, 4:47pm

Post #33 of 37 (224 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

Alas, despite our governor's determined effort to keep us safe so many people are defying orders - like wearing masks - that I fear we will spike again as soon as we open up even a little. We're going to continue to hunker down in my household until there's a vaccine.

BUT I am getting away next week! I found a writer's cabin just a short ferry ride away. They promise that they clean it thoroughly and let it sit for 3 days between renters. I'll be completely self-contained there. I desperately need a break from my dad . . . and I am convinced that I had better go now as he is getting more & more in need of my help. Our college "housemate" can take care of him while I'm gone but he's been asked to go back to work next weekend so this is my last chance. After he starts venturing out to work we are going to return to what we did at the beginning of the outbreak: live on different floors of the house and keep our distance. I'll miss sitting at the table chatting and watching "What We Do in the Shadows" together.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around Ö The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 24, 6:56pm

Post #34 of 37 (212 views)
Shortcut
Good advice--thanks! Just bought 3. And they have the American flag on them. Real patriots fight pandemics. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

May 24, 7:43pm

Post #35 of 37 (212 views)
Shortcut
That's great news, that you can get away for a break. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a change of scene can be an enormous relief. I hope you have a lovely and relaxing time there. Smile

I've watched only the first two eps of the new season of WWDITS; must remedy that.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

cats16
Valinor

Jun 7, 8:42pm

Post #36 of 37 (33 views)
Shortcut
Just like I accidentally haven't responded here in 2 weeks :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Truly no sense of time anymore.

Oh I bet that 6am shopping time is great--first in line for everything!

We haven't done a picnic yet, but that is a good idea. :)

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Valinor

Jun 7, 8:45pm

Post #37 of 37 (33 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

Funny you mention Scrabble--she has a word game on her phone that has us both addicted. No idea what its name is (probably some generic one) but it's great for those late night moments of panic when you need something to get your mind readjusted.

I'm with you--California is suddenly revving things up this coming week, including gyms. Just doesn't make sense...

Hope you've been well!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.