The Hobbit: An Unexpected Party tabletop game

Lissuin
Valinor

May 8 2020, 3:44am

Post #1 of 3 (9060 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Party tabletop game Can't Post

https://www.wetanz.com/...t+Boardgame+Q+A+Blog

We wanted to show the lighter side of Tolkien’s world – those humorous, light-hearted moments where you fall in love with the characters just being themselves, no battlefield in sight. The impromptu Dwarf feast at the beginning of The Hobbit is the perfect embodiment of that.
Daniel Falconer – Senior Concept Designer, Weta Workshop

Yay! I think this is about my speed for LOTR games.Laugh

AshNazg
Gondor

Nov 27 2020, 1:28am

Post #2 of 3 (3537 views)
Shortcut
I played this last week [In reply to] Can't Post

As someone who doesn’t play a lot of boardgames and struggles with Monopoly, it took a while to understand the (relatively complicated) rules. We had to find a video on YouTube to help explain it better.

Once we knew what we were doing it was actually really enjoyable, and not as complicated as it first seemed. We didn’t get to finish the game as it took over an hour for us to work out what we were doing, but I’m looking forward to playing it properly over Christmas.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 27 2020, 3:58am

Post #3 of 3 (3524 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Tales from the Green Dragon Inn [In reply to] Can't Post

Hobbit Tales from the Green Dragon Inn is a story-telling card game originally from Cubicle 7 that also takes a lighter look at the world of Middle-earth. Sadly, the game is out of print, though it might be revived in the future by Free League Publishing.

#FidelityToTolkien
#DiversityWithFidelity

“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” - Alan Moore, V for Vendetta

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.