Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: TV Discussion: The Rings of Power:
New Zealand Returns To Production, Paving Way For ‘Avatar’ Sequels & ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ Series To Resume Filming

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 8 2020, 1:58am

Post #1 of 12 (2736 views)
Shortcut
New Zealand Returns To Production, Paving Way For ‘Avatar’ Sequels & ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ Series To Resume Filming Can't Post

From Deadline:

EXCLUSIVE: New Zealand’s health and safety production protocols have been endorsed by the national government, we can reveal, meaning production can restart in the country after it was halted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Some film and TV shoots “are already safely underway,” the New Zealand Film Commission has confirmed to us. This potentially paves the way for the country’s highest-profile productions, James Cameron’s Avatar sequels and Amazon’s The Lord Of The Rings series, to get back underway.

#FidelityToTolkien

Chen G.
Gondor

May 8 2020, 7:53am

Post #2 of 12 (2648 views)
Shortcut
Probably means a return for work on the UHD Blurays [In reply to] Can't Post

of the films, too.

Ataahua
Forum Admin

May 9 2020, 2:46am

Post #3 of 12 (2530 views)
Shortcut
The local TV soap opera, [In reply to] Can't Post

Shortland Street, has restarted filming with some alterations to meet the health and safety requirements, such as forced-perspective shooting so that the actors look like they're standing closer than they really are, and kisses replaced with 'longing looks'.

It'd be interesting to know how Amazon is handling the restart. Keep in mind that those actors and crew who left before NZ's borders were closed will have to do two weeks of isolation when they fly back.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Starling
Half-elven

May 9 2020, 10:52am

Post #4 of 12 (2469 views)
Shortcut
Shortland Street is [In reply to] Can't Post

becoming The Remains of the Day. Laugh
...and kisses replaced with 'longing looks'.

Ataahua
Forum Admin

May 9 2020, 8:39pm

Post #5 of 12 (2389 views)
Shortcut
Shortland Street wishes it were. [In reply to] Can't Post

The last time I watched it was when the volcano exploded. That was so bat-crap crazy that it drew even me in!

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

My LOTR fan-fiction

Belegdir
Lorien

May 11 2020, 4:00pm

Post #6 of 12 (2135 views)
Shortcut
If production stays shut down for long in the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

I can see this replacing Coronation Street and Eastenders. Smile

SirDennisC
Half-elven

May 11 2020, 5:49pm

Post #7 of 12 (2129 views)
Shortcut
Clip slipped past the governers? [In reply to] Can't Post

Set dressers may be a little behind for a restart (as this clip shows) but cast and crew remain hopeful!

Ataahua
Forum Admin

May 11 2020, 7:40pm

Post #8 of 12 (2103 views)
Shortcut
OMG, the first look behind the scenes. [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks a bit chaotic, don't you think? Might take a while to get everything in tune.

My LOTR fan-fiction

Lissuin
Valinor

May 11 2020, 9:02pm

Post #9 of 12 (2087 views)
Shortcut
"2nd Age: The Musical". I want a t-shirt. [In reply to] Can't Post

Chen G.
Gondor

May 11 2020, 9:43pm

Post #10 of 12 (2072 views)
Shortcut
Isn’t it a bit too early to do caption contests for this show? [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

May 11 2020, 10:50pm

Post #11 of 12 (2050 views)
Shortcut
Yeah nah, never too early, Chen G. Maybe we should have a naming contest. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not The LOTR Caption Contest. No Hobbits Here Caption Contest. Aragorn Wasn't Born Yet Contest.

How'm I doin'? Anyway, I expect to have some captions from you when we're up and running.Laugh

Lissuin
Valinor

May 21 2020, 7:02am

Post #12 of 12 (1418 views)
Shortcut
A bit of an update on New Zealand filming in general [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing too specific to Tolkien, but filming is ramping up again and some crew are back to work, minus the A-list actors and directors.

May 16
https://www.nbcnews.com/...s-sidelined-n1207766

May 21
https://www.stuff.co.nz/...ms--minus-the-actors

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.