The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
New Details On Amazon's Lord Of The Rings MMO

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Apr 26 2020, 2:53pm

Post #1 of 2 (6812 views)
Shortcut
New Details On Amazon's Lord Of The Rings MMO Can't Post

The story is from a couple weeks ago, but I don't think it was ever posted here.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-details-on-the-lord-of-the-rings-mmo-including/1100-6475590/

fantasywind
Rivendell

May 14 2020, 3:36pm

Post #2 of 2 (5513 views)
Shortcut
Lotr game news [In reply to] Can't Post

That must be the biggest news about this project since...well the very beginning and still we know basically nothing :), seems to become a standard of any Lotr related projects recently. Also hiring people now? Then it means that game will be faaar off, the development of this game will take forever at this rate hehe. Shame though I'm not much into MMO's though the comment on the AAA quality sounds interesting, though it doesn't guarantee anything, still I would have preferred an open world single player RPG, that would be ideal form for any Lotr game, an open world RPG like Witcher 3, Gothic (old Gothic games I and II, I still have fond memories of those), Elder Scrolls, even Dragon Age, something with vast and detailed world, story driven, beautiful modern graphics attention to detail and lore used to it's full capacity would be dream come through. Other than that there's only Lotr: Gollum by Daedalic Entertainment, let's hope those upcoming games will have more luck than previously, and that they won't turn into wild non-canon fanficiton like Shadow of Mordor/War series hehe.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.