The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit Caption Contest CLI

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 23 2020, 10:06pm

Post #1 of 7 (2557 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Caption Contest CLI Can't Post

Breath the free air, my friends! (just a bit of trilogies mixing there)

(sigh) What do you think Bilbo or one of the Company would have said on first seeing Beorn's arcadian homestead? Or...what would the animals have said on seeing them? Wink

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Apr 23 2020, 10:20pm)

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 24 2020, 9:33pm

Post #2 of 7 (2511 views)
Shortcut
Will you look at the size of those geese, boys? Run! [In reply to] Can't Post

Alveric
Lorien

Apr 29 2020, 9:51pm

Post #3 of 7 (2416 views)
Shortcut
Says Mavis the cow: "Beryl, I don't mind working on Beorn's farm, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

...if his bear tries to milk me again, I'm going on strike!"

Lissuin
Valinor

May 4 2020, 11:15am

Post #4 of 7 (2203 views)
Shortcut
So, I know that Beorn's talking animals are not universally appreciated, but [In reply to] Can't Post

another option was suggested. Any further clever answers to add? Ok, a couple more days, then we'll leave Paradise to the watchful care of Beorn's faithful old farm pooch. I think his name is Bo. Smile

Lissuin
Valinor

May 7 2020, 5:12pm

Post #5 of 7 (2028 views)
Shortcut
Aaaaand back to you, Alveric. [In reply to] Can't Post

Get us out of here, mate! It is possible to have too much honey cake. Carry on! Smile

Alveric
Lorien

May 7 2020, 8:54pm

Post #6 of 7 (2004 views)
Shortcut
thank you indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

My first thought had to do with this picture being a publicity shot for Beorn's Organic Dairy... but I couldn't get any further with that thought. I also considered some feeble pun involving the word "udder" which I set aside.

Now let me try to find some image of one or more of the cast pulling a funny face.

Lissuin
Valinor

May 8 2020, 1:32am

Post #7 of 7 (1997 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Beorn's place would make a great episode for Country Calendar, [In reply to] Can't Post

a weekly tv show about country life in New Zealand. Folks would be udderly enchanted! Angelic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.