Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
Interview with Morfydd Clark

Hasuwandil
Rivendell

Mar 30, 2:57pm

Post #1 of 6 (2724 views)
Shortcut
Interview with Morfydd Clark Can't Post

Time Out has an interview with Morfydd Clark. She has two roles in the upcoming film, The Personal History of David Copperfield. No big revelations with regard to the Untitled Amazon Project:

What can you say about it?

Well, itís based in the Second Age and... thatís probably it [laughs]. Youíre welcome!

Apparently the script includes some words or names in Sindarin:

Tolkienís Elvish was influenced by Welsh. Has your native tongue been handy on set?

Oh, definitely. People ask me how to say words and I feel really smug. I read The Hobbit when I was at school and I remember my mum telling me every day that Elvish was based on Welsh. I was like, ďI know! You told me already.Ē

She has visited Weta, although she doesn't say if her visit had anything to do with the current production:

Have you visited Weta, where they made the Rings films, while youíve been there?

I went there and itís unbelievable. My 12-year-old self and my current self were both freaking out. I went to the workshop and saw lots of the old The Lord of the Rings costumes and held a few swords. It was amazing.

Finally, The Two Towers is one of her favorite films:

What movie have you seen more than any other?

Groundhog Day and probably the The Two Towers. I went through this really dark phase in year eight when Iíd come home and watch it every day after school. Iíd be like, ďIím going to straighten my hair and watch The Two Towers Ė no one talk to me.

Hêlâ Auriwandil, angilô berhtost,
oƀar Middangard mannum gisandid!

VoronwŽ_the_Faithful
Valinor

Mar 30, 5:45pm

Post #2 of 6 (2676 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not much there, but what there is encouraging so far as it goes. Of course, the likelihood is that like with the films, whatever "Elvish" is used in the series will be "Neo-Elvish" but I'll take what I can get.

Seems a bit odd to single out The Two Towers as being one of your favorite films, since it is really just the middle part of one long story, but at least she seems to have some kind of appreciation for something related to Tolkien.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Mar 31, 4:14pm

Post #3 of 6 (2540 views)
Shortcut
That's cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad to hear she's a fan of the movies, at least, and it seems like she knows her Tolkien. As Gandalf would say, "That may be an encouraging thought!"

Chen G.
Rohan

Mar 31, 6:17pm

Post #4 of 6 (2524 views)
Shortcut
Two Towers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Seems a bit odd to single out The Two Towers as being one of your favorite films, since it is really just the middle part of one long story.

The more time passes, the more people I meet who like that movie best. I suppose - in its extended form - its the closest in style to a David Lean epic that these films have ever come.

Her using Elvish doesn't tell us too much since the Numenoreans will probably be using it, too. Even in the films, the Gondorians call Gandalf Mithrandir.

(This post was edited by Chen G. on Mar 31, 6:18pm)

Starling
Half-elven

Mar 31, 7:55pm

Post #5 of 6 (2493 views)
Shortcut
The Two Towers is one of my all time favourite films [In reply to] Can't Post

But then what would I know...Laugh

kzer_za
Lorien

Apr 11, 3:24pm

Post #6 of 6 (1369 views)
Shortcut
In my experience Two Towers is the most popular of the Jackson trilogy among casual fans // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by kzer_za on Apr 11, 3:26pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.