Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Kicks Jukebox*

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Mar 17, 10:53am

Post #1 of 5 (75 views)
Shortcut
*Kicks Jukebox* Can't Post

A Dubliners tune comes out, followed by the Chieftans.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone, especially our Irish and Irish-descended Tornsibs. I know a lot of people are stressed out and down now, with many of us pretty much homebound, but in all seriousness, throw on some cheerful music to raise your spirits.

Does anyone know how to link music from YouTube etc. if that's allowed? Maybe those in the know could turn this thread into a toe-tapping Irish music playlist for the day.

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Mar 17, 2:32pm

Post #2 of 5 (51 views)
Shortcut
It's normally such a celebration - [In reply to] Can't Post

a lot of people will be very disappointed, but safety has to come first.It brings to mind the short number from Clannad's 'Legend' album - part of the soundtrack to the old BBC Robin of Sherwood from the 80s, 'Together We'. Not a rip-roaring party number, but one that speaks of hanging around dancing under the trees with friends, the smell of woodsmoke drifting on the air. We're all together in this difficult situation, however far apart we might be.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 17, 3:28pm

Post #3 of 5 (45 views)
Shortcut
Top o' the mornin'! [In reply to] Can't Post

Though it's barely still morning here and well into the afternoon on the eastern side of the Atlantic. Nonetheless, happy St. Patrick's Day!

#FidelityToTolkien

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 20, 12:13pm

Post #4 of 5 (33 views)
Shortcut
I'm late, as usual ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

But being 90% Irish, and having green eyes... I just had to jump in and celebrate St. Patty's Day!

So here's a bit o' music and dancing that also has a bit o' The Hobbit reference: Barrel Dancing

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 20, 4:49pm

Post #5 of 5 (26 views)
Shortcut
Joining in, even later! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy belated St. Paddy's day, Kelly!

I've been alone at work much of this week, with my CDs to keep me company. Been playing a lot of Clannad - from their earliest works to the latest, including Legend - and Cranberries.

Also the soundtrack from Secret of Roan Inish. It's easy to link to YouTube, just copy the url and place it between {url} and {/url}, using [ and ] instead of { and }.

Got some Chieftains and other Celtic music yet to play - good stuff! Luck o' the Irish to ye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.