The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Eagles

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Mar 15 2020, 10:52pm

Post #1 of 7 (2213 views)
Shortcut
The Eagles Can't Post

So, why the eagles didn't attack Azog in AUJ when they had the chance to ?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 16 2020, 2:48am

Post #2 of 7 (2169 views)
Shortcut
The same reason why the Eagles wouldn't fly the company to Lake-town. [In reply to] Can't Post

Spoiling the fun of Orcs was one thing, but the Eagles weren't willing to risk their lives in a prolonged fight.

#FidelityToTolkien

Paulo Gabriel
Lorien

Mar 16 2020, 3:04am

Post #3 of 7 (2165 views)
Shortcut
Don't really have a good guess... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I would suggest the Eagles have limited use as in LOTR (books and movies).

Solicitr
Gondor

Mar 16 2020, 1:43pm

Post #4 of 7 (2121 views)
Shortcut
Because [In reply to] Can't Post

Frey and Henley were having a tiff and Walsh was making a solo album, so nothing got done.

(This post was edited by Solicitr on Mar 16 2020, 1:44pm)

Noria
Gondor

Mar 17 2020, 12:52pm

Post #5 of 7 (2026 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Frey and Henley were having a tiff and Walsh was making a solo album, so nothing got done.

Good one.

I must admit that as much as I like the Frying Pan scene, it makes me laugh a little when the Eagles keep passing over Azog without picking him up and tossing him off the precipice with the other Orcs and Wargs.

We could say that Azog is much more massive than any other Orc except Bolg and was maybe too big for the Eagles, but the real reason is plot armour. The writers wanted him for the other two movies.

Boyens remarked on Azog's survival on the AUJ commentary but PJ didn't really respond.

Paulo Gabriel
Lorien

Mar 17 2020, 1:16pm

Post #6 of 7 (2022 views)
Shortcut
PJ was... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Boyens remarked on Azog's survival on the AUJ commentary but PJ didn't really respond.

STUMPED by the question! Laugh

Paulo Gabriel
Lorien

Mar 26 2020, 7:05am

Post #7 of 7 (1812 views)
Shortcut
I think Otaku's... [In reply to] Can't Post

the best reply so far. Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.