Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
I do think Amazon should buy this. How about you?

Lissuin
Ronilav

Mar 13, 4:39am

Post #1 of 8 (1222 views)
Shortcut
I do think Amazon should buy this. How about you? Can't Post

https://www.stuff.co.nz/...s-lost-to-filmmakers
Be sure to watch the video.

It has been told how by the guidance of Ulmo Turgon of Nevrast discovered the hidden vale of Tumladen; and that (as was after known) lay east of the upper waters of Sirion, in a ring of mountains tall and sheer, and no living thing came near there save the eagles of Thorondor. But there was a deep way under the mountains delved in the darkness of the world by waters that flowed out to join the streams of Sirion; and this way Turgon found, and so came to the green plain amid the mountains, and saw the island-hill that stood there of hard, smooth stone; for the vale had been a great lake in ancient days.
The Silmarillion, Chapter 15

squire
Nevle-flah

Mar 13, 12:08pm

Post #2 of 8 (1151 views)
Shortcut
It sounds like NZ puts up barriers to non-local landowners [In reply to] Can't Post

If I understand the article, Amazon would meet significant resistance.

The article doesn't present any kind of case for non-film friendly ownership, but nevertheless seems to regard that as a real threat. It seems like this is an advertisement to get someone (initials P.J. only, please) to do the dirty deed and cough up $15M to unselfishly keep the local film location services industry healthy.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Fleuz
Neirol

Mar 13, 1:19pm

Post #3 of 8 (1140 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

we should break up Amazon and tax the hell out of Bezos.
Oligarchs already have too much power.

Lissuin
Ronilav

Mar 13, 9:46pm

Post #4 of 8 (1052 views)
Shortcut
Aw, shucks, [In reply to] Can't Post

I posted a pretty picture and video of stunningly beautiful, "magestical", unearthly landscapes; went to bed with the queens and kings of Narnia galloping through that same landscape in my head, and not a few rainbows and elves, thinking what wonderful backdrops it would provide someone making a tv series about Numenor; woke up - and before opening my daily Washington Post news feeds about life's gritty realities - checked into TORN and my thread with the pretty pictures. Mayhap I should have included a smiley or winky emoji, or maybe it's just a truism that you send your threads out your door and there's no knowing where they'll be swept off to. Laugh

So, let us be serious about this, by all means.Frown Perhaps Peter Jackson and a few other movie-types or just very wealthy friends should buy this and preserve it for future film makers before some developer gets it, builds a handful of multi-million dollar vacation homes, closes it off forever to the general public, dams the river to make a lake and gives jet skies free rein, bombarding the vale with the whining sound of engines instead of tui and fantails. That could work, eh. Think of the magestical echoes! Cool! Wink

After all, Arcadia Station (nice name: "unspoiled wilderness", "An image or idea of life in the countryside that is believed to be perfect" Cambridge Dictionary, home of Pan in Greek mythology) might become overused, predictable or even - Heaven forbid! - a meme, like Monument Valley for Western films in the '50's and '60's. (Look, there's MV! Western!") Or Cinderella's castle (Disney! Kidz flick!). And Arcadia Station! (New Zealand! Fantasy!). Yeah, nah, maybe for its own good we should just move on.

So I will. Time to check into the Caption Contests. Arena hasn't had anything goofy for a while. Or maybe I'll save them until I've checked out how the new virus is doing today and whatever dire thoughts are currently darkening the Middle-earth TV Series Discussion board. Then I might need those pretty pictures, silly captions and goofy competitions just to get through the day. I also think we need some new emojis - nosegays and fairy dust, please. Until then, I'll leave you with these.
Smile Heart
Have a nice day, everybody. Really. I mean it.Heart

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Mar 13, 9:53pm)

Moahunter
NahoR

Mar 13, 10:50pm

Post #5 of 8 (1040 views)
Shortcut
I agree.... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I suspect the mods won't like this. Expect a slap on the wrist.We mustn't upset our good friends @ XXXXXX.

Mari D.
Llednevir

Mar 14, 12:28pm

Post #6 of 8 (948 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is good to cheer each other up. Heart

In Reply To
Time to check into the Caption Contests. Arena hasn't had anything goofy for a while. Or maybe I'll save them until I've checked out how the new virus is doing today and whatever dire thoughts are currently darkening the Middle-earth TV Series Discussion board. Then I might need those pretty pictures, silly captions and goofy competitions just to get through the day. I also think we need some new emojis - nosegays and fairy dust, please. Until then, I'll leave you with these.
Smile Heart
Have a nice day, everybody. Really. I mean it.Heart

(This post was edited by Mari D. on Mar 14, 12:28pm)

Lissuin
Ronilav

Apr 16, 9:03pm

Post #7 of 8 (560 views)
Shortcut
Update on Arcadia. [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.stuff.co.nz/...-been-sold-to-a-kiwi

Multi-million dollar Arcadia Station, 30 minutes from Glenorchy at the top of Lake Wakatipu, has been sold with an unusual verbal caveat much beloved old farm dog Bo can stay as long as he wants.

Listing agent Bas Smith of Ray White Queenstown says the 257ha sheep and beef station has been sold to a Kiwi businessman-farmer "who loves it and wants to protect it as the icon it is".

The Kiwi purchaser:

plans to allow further TV and movie productions. And of course, he will give Bo security of tenure forever.

Smile

Omnigeek
Neirol

Apr 18, 1:49pm

Post #8 of 8 (413 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's great news.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.