Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Some amazing work by our own TORnados

SandWitch King
Rohan

Mar 14 2007, 7:00am

Post #1 of 8 (533 views)
Shortcut
Some amazing work by our own TORnados Can't Post

This post may get me a verbal spanking by our admirable moderators but there are good works of great renown to be admired so I am going to chance it. Ban me if you must or delete if you should. I am all in favor of a house of order.

Few venture into the deeply 'geek' rooms of the new digs we have here at TORn but there are two among us who have done a marvelous work and a wonder. The wonderful mathoms posted here on "Main" or random questions in "Off Topic" will fetch many times the readers (definitely NOT my NCAA post!) that these praiseworthy efforts will get in the "Gaming & Collecting" halls and yet Magpie and Gramma have turned in some pretty interesting documentation complete with text and photos that just need to be seen and may be widely appreciated.

As part of a group effort to document the whole body of Tolkien collectibles, I urge you to enjoy two excellent foundation stones to a monstrous project.

First posted was Magpie's Burger King FOTR report.

Next was grammaboodawg's ToyBiz Action Figure listing.

These are just cool for coolness's sake.

. . . One should, if possible, express a negative concept in a positive form: "not meaningful" rather than "meaningless." I agree and will, therefore, now refer to contemporary movie executives as running around "like chickens without their heads cut on." - David Mamet

Morwen
Rohan

Mar 14 2007, 3:24pm

Post #2 of 8 (341 views)
Shortcut
Those are impressive lists [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not much of a collector, just don't have the patience to track things down. I tried get the entire set of Burger King toys, but when our local BK dropped the promotion before getting all the toys, I gave up. Nevertheless, I can appreciate all the time and effort it took to photograph (or find pics online), describe and organize all those items.

Gramma's pictures did certainly bring back memories of the LoTR toys I bought the children to play with and the fun we had with them. The kids have a sweet but rather finicky uncle who has an impressive Barbie collection; I recall him looking at the toy orcs scattered on the floor one Christmas morning and asking in horror. "What are those ugly dolls?" We cracked up.

If I ever try to track down the rest of those BK figures, Magpie's list will come in handy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wish you could have been there
When she opened up the door
And looked me in the face
Like she never did before
I felt about as welcome
As a Wal-Mart Superstore--John Prine

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 14 2007, 3:54pm

Post #3 of 8 (348 views)
Shortcut
credit where credit is due [In reply to] Can't Post

I have those figures and referenced them to compose my list, but the bulk of the work was from a website that I linked to in that post. Most of what I did was compile the information from that site and a few others and compose a post.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 14 2007, 4:04pm

Post #4 of 8 (340 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Trust a Magpie and gramma to come up with all this stuff!

Great link Magpie found, on goofing on LotR and Burger King! And gramma's collection is huger than I ever thought it could be - love the PJ as a Hobbit!

Thank you for drawing our attention to these gems, SWK!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Confusticate and bebother these dwarves!"

Annn n'Ithil
The Shire

Mar 15 2007, 3:54am

Post #5 of 8 (316 views)
Shortcut
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this - I would [In reply to] Can't Post

never have know these lists existed if you hadn't posted. WOW! & WOW!
Very fun.

I didn't do any collecting at first, so I'm very late to the table, but I have the bug now - it is like a treasure hunt - finding these things in odd places.
I had no idea there were so many, though.
This inspires me to keep looking! Fun!
Thanks again for posting this, SK

ol' hob

An'I

Oldbie: HobbitLoveR*M-e

Egleria! Iorhael!
Eglerio! Daur a Berhael!

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2007, 3:02pm

Post #6 of 8 (307 views)
Shortcut
Ditto!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 17 2007, 2:03pm

Post #7 of 8 (312 views)
Shortcut
I want to encourage Everybody who has Collectibles, [In reply to] Can't Post

no matter how humble or diverse, to please visit us in the SandWitch King's sticky at the top of the gaming board and share your toys and treasures. You don't need to create links or any other information you don't want to or have access to. If you can supply pics, that would be wonderful!

I've gathered the information some have already given to us in the various posts of collections. I'd like to include these in TORn lists of Collectibles; but if you have hesitation about that, please pm me and I'll leave them out. No names will be associated with the items. It's just a list of "stuff" we've all gathered over the years. If you've ever seen my "lists", you know how I bring them all together as one comprehensive lot.

I'll be adding a list of my Sideshow items, maps/posters, books, keychains, magnets, pins, miscellaneous, etc. over the next several days/weeks. (soon will have a digital camera) Feel free to add yours to each thread, or to start a thread!! That'd be awesome! If you don't want to post, feel free to share your info by pm-ing me :)

This is going to be so much fun, you guys! It's going to be a long, ongoing process... but step-by-step we can create the ultimate site for LotR Collectibles. Please read through the SWK's post as a guide to what we're GOING to accomplish :)

Cheers!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 17 2007, 3:04pm

Post #8 of 8 (333 views)
Shortcut
Also helpful would be: [In reply to] Can't Post

any general information that a collector would benefit from, i.e.

• display tips
  • cleaning tips
  • caveats for buying... what to watch out for
  • ???
  • good web sites or resource books for a collectible - sometimes commercial sites are good for finding full lists or specs
I just love the idea of sharing information and information comes in all shapes and sizes... a detailed list is just one form it can take.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.