Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Aubusson Weaves Tolkien Kickstarter

Omnigeek
Lorien

Feb 24, 3:24pm

Post #1 of 2 (825 views)
Shortcut
Aubusson Weaves Tolkien Kickstarter Can't Post

I noticed last night that a relatively new Kickstarter has launched to weave 2 tapestries (of a total planned 14!) from the watercolors of the good Professor.
Specifically, they are planning to weave "Bilbo woke up with the early Sun in his eyes"

and "Conversation with Smaug"

There are 25 days left in the Kickstarter and they have quite a ways to go toward the targeted funding. It sounds from the write-up like they've had extensive involvement from the Tolkien family and were able to unveil their tapestry of J.R.R. Tolkien's watercolor "Rivendell" to Bailie and that Christopher had been highly supportive of this project.
I am not connected in any way with the Kickstarter (other than being a donor after I found it last night). You can find it easily on Kickstarter by searching for "Aubusson weaves Tolkien".

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 25, 12:53pm

Post #2 of 2 (783 views)
Shortcut
Great tapestries :D [In reply to] Can't Post

The links to your pics aren't working, but I did go in and take a peek at their site. Their work is beautiful! IIRC, last year Christopher Tolkien visited the gallery showing the work so far, and he was very pleased :) I'm so glad they're continuing their work.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.