Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: SgniR eht fo Drol eht: Noissucsid Eivom:
LOTR Caption Contest CCXL

Ethel Duath
Nevle-flah

Jan 26, 7:30pm

Post #1 of 7 (2023 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CCXL Can't Post

What's this, Precious? Hobbitses ruled by cows, perchance?
Bigger image here: http://www.framecaplib.com/...es/fotr/fotr0043.jpg

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 26, 9:25pm

Post #2 of 7 (1978 views)
Shortcut
"Just keep in mind, Bob: if you step in a cow-pat, you'll drown." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Greenwood Hobbit
Aessere Lot

Feb 2, 1:18pm

Post #3 of 7 (1554 views)
Shortcut
*ahem* 'Could do with a bit more weight on the back, here...' [In reply to] Can't Post

Alveric
Llednevir

Feb 5, 5:59pm

Post #4 of 7 (1314 views)
Shortcut
Mabel: This one in front's certainly not a great warrior... [In reply to] Can't Post

Gladys: And the one behind isn't very wise.

(Incidentally, doesn't seem overkill, four cows to pull that one plough? Anyone with a farming background?)

squire
Nevle-flah

Feb 5, 8:35pm

Post #5 of 7 (1301 views)
Shortcut
Four oxen might be right for a multi-furrowed plow [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly don't have a farming background, but the plowing device int the picture has three wheels and what looks like more than one plow blade - maybe two or even three?

What I've never really bought about the picture is the idea of our cute little hobbits having the body strength to drive the oxen and steer the plow. Everything I've ever heard about plowing is that it's hard work for grown men.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Ethel Duath
Nevle-flah

Feb 20, 11:41pm

Post #6 of 7 (863 views)
Shortcut
The winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Got me laughing for quite awhile. Laugh
Go thou forth, and post! Smile

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 21, 10:18pm

Post #7 of 7 (775 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Ethel. :) I'll hunt out a good pic now. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.