Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Oops! Is it Friday and Fiesta already?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 19, 5:28pm

Post #26 of 42 (270 views)
Shortcut
Beach music! :D Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's also great for going through some demanding prep for your upcoming weekend *big hug*. I truly hope the weather behaves for your daughters' flights. I know they very much want to be there and to be with their most wonderful parents. Be sure to slip some relaxing and enjoyable moments into your week... ice cream quickly comes to mind!

Motown gramma drops another quarter into juke box The Four Tops

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Jan 19, 5:29pm

Post #27 of 42 (268 views)
Shortcut
I've been doing Pilates [In reply to] Can't Post

more or less every week (I miss a few now and again) for a few years now; it's a long-term business. Sometimes bits of me sulk the following day (!) but I am definitely stronger in a variety of ways as a result. Stick with it and be patient.

Greenwood Hobbit
Tol Eressea

Jan 19, 5:39pm

Post #28 of 42 (268 views)
Shortcut
Due to cuts in local government funding [In reply to] Can't Post

from London, some of our area's libraries were threatened with closure; a massive community campaign saved some of them, though opening hours were cut. Ours offers use of computers, photocopying service, 'Baby Bounce' sessions, school holiday craft activities for children, monthly book club, the weekly knitting group. A rota of trained volunteeers has extended the opening hours. The 'Friends' group arranges evening talks open to the public (for a small fee of course!). It's a hub of the community.
We have just enjoyed the most gorgeous evening sky, rippled slate and flame against the soft blue through the filigree of the bare trees, to round off what has been a fine, if cold, weekend. Hope your week ahead goes well!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 19, 5:51pm

Post #29 of 42 (267 views)
Shortcut
"Not if you don't pick it up." [In reply to] Can't Post

I LOVE IT!!! Sort of like my favourite from where I worked. "I'm a perfectionist. If I can't do it right, I won't do it at all." ;) I was perfect about EVERYTHING!
One thing I did do was to create a bi-annual "Ice Cream Social" party. Usually when there were long spells between holidays and we needed a break!
I hope you get through your boulder of boxes easily and quickly! I have a whole room of "organize this stuff" to do... so I sympathize. I hope you're having a GREAT weekend!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 19, 6:11pm

Post #30 of 42 (265 views)
Shortcut
Thankfully, he made it safely. [In reply to] Can't Post

The normally 3-ish hour drive from where they stopped in Chicago to Iowa City ended up being 7 hrs. The typical 24-hr bus ride ended up being over almost 30 not including the layover in Chicago (15 hrs). He was very happy to get back.

You'll be on my mind. I'm hoping your gathering will be more of a celebration than a wake. I'm sure there will be stories and laughter... which your mom-in-law will enjoy. *big hug*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 19, 6:17pm

Post #31 of 42 (267 views)
Shortcut
Now that's a great project! [In reply to] Can't Post

Watching a BUNCH of shows and movies! *cracks knuckles* Bring it on! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Don't forget the popcorn!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 19, 6:22pm

Post #32 of 42 (267 views)
Shortcut
That's a great plan! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope it all went accordingly. I take myself out for movies and a meal planned about a visit to town. I'm about a half-hour drive to out movie theatre, so I usually line up the day with any store visits I need. I hope you liked Little Women. I've heard great things about it :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

sherlock
Gondor

Jan 19, 8:19pm

Post #33 of 42 (262 views)
Shortcut
I loved it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Highly recommend! Iím in the habit of talking myself out of going places on my own. Itís silly because I enjoy my own company and always enjoy myself when I push myself to do stuff.

Annael
Immortal

Jan 19, 8:43pm

Post #34 of 42 (257 views)
Shortcut
Pilates is awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't do a lot of yoga poses but I can do Pilates. It helped me unfreeze my frozen shoulder, and it improved my balance greatly (v. important once you're over 50!). I hope it pays off for you too. You are way too young to be having such pain for such a long time.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around Ö The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19, 11:48pm

Post #35 of 42 (244 views)
Shortcut
We won't have very much time [In reply to] Can't Post

between prep and travelling and everything going on...

But: Sunday evening our choir director has a "performance party" for her choirs and her students where we enjoy a buffet dinner (turkey and baked potato bar and desserts) and listen to one another play or sing. I'll be doing three pieces with my "digital divas" keyboard group, and singing in a group for three songs, and my youngest is borrowing a guitar to also play a song - and my eldest will contribute caramelized onions for the potatoes. A fun outing together to end the weekend! Heart

"Can't help myself..." Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19, 11:50pm

Post #36 of 42 (243 views)
Shortcut
Doing your homework! [In reply to] Can't Post

That pre-show should be a lot of fun! Cool

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19, 11:53pm

Post #37 of 42 (244 views)
Shortcut
That's great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I keep hearing such good reports about that movie, I'm hoping I can find some time to go see it. Keep pushing yourself, that's the way to do what you like to do, and that's important! Smile

ElanorTX
Grey Havens

Jan 20, 2:51am

Post #38 of 42 (234 views)
Shortcut
Loved it too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. E and I went with another couple to see it. Some discussion of differences between the book and the movie ensued.
Has anyone read Little Men, Eight Cousins, etc.?

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Annael
Immortal

Jan 20, 3:32am

Post #39 of 42 (228 views)
Shortcut
I have, and "Rose in Bloom" [In reply to] Can't Post

I was completely in love with Mac.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around Ö The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Jan 20, 5:59am

Post #40 of 42 (218 views)
Shortcut
And Jo's Boys. [In reply to] Can't Post

Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom are almost better than Little Women.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 20, 11:32am

Post #41 of 42 (194 views)
Shortcut
How wonderful! Peace be with you all :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

TIME Google Calendar

sherlock
Gondor

Jan 20, 11:32am

Post #42 of 42 (196 views)
Shortcut
I havenít read [In reply to] Can't Post

Little Men but Iím reading Little Women for the second time right now. I believe I was about 16 the first time I read it.

I liked the way the movie was told and the flashbacks. I think it was brilliant.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.