Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
Filming date clues: call for rental homes in Auckland

Hasuwandil
Rivendell

Jan 18, 10:02pm

Post #1 of 14 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Filming date clues: call for rental homes in Auckland Can't Post

Stuff is reporting that property management firm Goodwins, on behalf of Amazon Studios, is looking for 250 homes available to rent in central and west Auckland, to be used for housing actors and production crew during filming:

Goodwins need about 250 homes in central and west Auckland, from early February to May and from mid-October until late June 2021.

February had previously been disclosed as the start of filming, and a four-to-five month hiatus had also been announced.

HÍl‚ Auriwandil, angilŰ berhtost,
oƀar Middangard mannum gisandid!

Ataahua
Superuser

Jan 18, 10:53pm

Post #2 of 14 (1012 views)
Shortcut
And they're only searching now? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck to them, trying to find that volume of houses in Auckland at this late stage.

Also, good luck to the returning uni students who'll be competing with Amazon for housing.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Althoun
Lorien

Jan 18, 10:59pm

Post #3 of 14 (1009 views)
Shortcut
It is very three seconds to midnight.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Good luck to them, trying to find that volume of houses in Auckland at this late stage.

Also, good luck to the returning uni students who'll be competing with Amazon for housing.

I mean, we are now less than 2 weeks away from the start of February.

That's taking it real close.

Hasuwandil
Rivendell

Jan 19, 1:22am

Post #4 of 14 (974 views)
Shortcut
Bad planning, or not? [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps 250 is the total number, they've been looking for months, but they're still a few houses short and are trying to get the word out. Or perhaps they need to find all 250 or so houses in the next couple of weeks. I hope not the latter, because it would indicate bad planning on the part of Amazon Studios.

I suppose it's too late to switch filming to Scotland at this point? Wink

HÍl‚ Auriwandil, angilŰ berhtost,
oƀar Middangard mannum gisandid!

Moahunter
Rohan

Jan 19, 5:56am

Post #5 of 14 (960 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf and Bilbo Baggins ..... [In reply to] Can't Post

will be in the series...according to the photo captions in the Stuff article.

fantasywind
Bree

Jan 19, 10:38am

Post #6 of 14 (912 views)
Shortcut
how is that possible? :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

That is clearly not the case, besides photo captions, whenever I read these articles they usually post photos from the PJ's movies.

Solicitr
Rohan

Jan 19, 1:52pm

Post #7 of 14 (894 views)
Shortcut
Subject [In reply to] Can't Post

If McKellen were in, surely he would have announced it; and he has already declared that he wants to do it if Gandalf is in the show. Ergo, I suggest Stuff is full of ... stuff.

2ndBreffest
Lorien

Jan 19, 2:08pm

Post #8 of 14 (888 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

this wouldn't surprise me in the least. In almost all likelihood, this will be mostly targeted to fans of PJ's movies who largely have little to no knowledge of the earlier history and characters, and Amazon is going to have tie it all together in their minds, who would be thinking, "I thought this is supposed to be Lord of the Rings? Where's Gandalf, and why do all the dwarves have beards? Are they in a cult?"

I expect at the very least, lots of gratuitous "flash-forward" sequences that will also be used in the early trailers, and other promotional materials. Even now, they aren't even willing to risk calling it anything but "Lord of the Rings on Prime".

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 19, 3:09pm

Post #9 of 14 (859 views)
Shortcut
Unlikely [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Gandalf and Bilbo Baggins ..... will be in the series...according to the photo captions in the Stuff article.

I doubt that. The only way I could see that happening is if the series uses a framing device where The Lord of the Rings book characters are learning about the earlier legends.

#FidelityToTolkien

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 19, 9:28pm

Post #10 of 14 (796 views)
Shortcut
Moahunter [In reply to] Can't Post

You really need to post more often. Laugh

Archestratie
Rivendell

Jan 19, 11:33pm

Post #11 of 14 (763 views)
Shortcut
WOW [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

It must be a frame story thing. Gandalf and Bilbo are sharing tea and talking of old stories.

My Low-Magic Fantasy Novel on eBook/hardback: The Huntsman and the She-Wolf

The Huntsman and the She-Wolf on audio Book.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 20, 12:58am

Post #12 of 14 (743 views)
Shortcut
More likely a mistake. [In reply to] Can't Post

Whoever wrote the caption was probably making an unwarranted assumption.

#FidelityToTolkien

VoronwŽ_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jan 20, 1:57am

Post #13 of 14 (722 views)
Shortcut
I'm quite sure that is the case // [In reply to] Can't Post

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Anubis
Rivendell

Jan 23, 12:27pm

Post #14 of 14 (358 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ's movies set the bar really high, which is good for the show, in a way.

On the other hand, the gigantic amount of expectation already being generated around it can be a double-edged sword; if I were one of the series' writers, and dared to look at some of this forum's conversations, I would honestly [be very anxious].

I know too little about this whole adventure; I don't know where or when will the journey end, or even begin, and I certainly don't know if I will enjoy it, though if I had to guess, I'd say there will be both dark, rainy days and beautiful, sunny ones. But at least I'm on a journey, again.

I'm ready Wink

(This post was edited by Kimi on Jan 23, 7:40pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.