Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Any more volunteers for the 'Favourite Chapters' project, please?

noWizardme
Half-elven

Jan 17, 6:37pm

Post #1 of 3 (400 views)
Shortcut
Any more volunteers for the 'Favourite Chapters' project, please? Can't Post

The Favourite Chapters Project started on 25th November 2019 and will finish...whenever we run out of people willing to start a discussion about a favourite chapter of the Hobbit, LOTR or Silmarillion.

At the moment, it will stop in just over three weeks, because we run out of volunteers after sador (3 -9 February). But perhaps more people will be willing to sign up. And that is all there is to it - there's no Editor, Committee or Inner Sphincter of the Great And Good to invite/arm-twist people into doing it. You don't have to have passed an exam in Advanced Tolkien, or to have posted much (or even anything) here before. If you'd like to write about your favourite chapter, just sign up here, and you're on when your Monday comes up.
The task is to start a conversation about a chapter you enjoy, so that there is something rather than nothing to read in the Reading Room that week. Whether you write something long or short, learned or lighthearted is up to you. Similarly, you can make one or many posts, and post it/them all on the Monday or throughout the week. You can even spell 'favourite' without the u if you like Wink.

In sum, it's up to you how to get the conversation going anyway you think will work, and which works for you. And note the idea is to start a conversation, and other people will contribute any ideas/ knowledge/ thoughts/ life experience they want to share. So you certainly don't have to know all about the chapter, the book, Tolkien or anything else. Who does?
So, fly over to the schedule and sign yourself up if you can help. You'll need to know which chapters and dates have been taken already (that could now change quickly, I hope), and how to sign up while keeping the schedule thread readable. But I think it ought to be pretty clear what to do from looking at what is already there on that thread.

Of our 9 favourites done or scheduled so far I notice the score comes to...

Hobbit 2: LOTR 7; Sil 0.

So plenty of good chapters still to go - and surely there are somebody's favourite chapters in the Silmarillion?

You can raise any questions or comments about the project by replying to THIS post, but please sign up on the schedule thread, and don't use that thread for anything else - that saves work for the non-staff that we don't have, and of which I'm not a member.

~~~~~~
The Reading Room 'favourite chapters' project. http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=967482#967482 Each week, someone presents a favourite chapter from The Hobbit, LOTR or the Silmarillion. Just sign yourself up onto the schedule if you can lead a chapter.

noWizardme
Half-elven

Jan 19, 5:26pm

Post #2 of 3 (365 views)
Shortcut
That's two more - thanks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~
The Reading Room 'favourite chapters' project. http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=967482#967482 Each week, someone presents a favourite chapter from The Hobbit, LOTR or the Silmarillion. Just sign yourself up onto the schedule if you can lead a chapter.

noWizardme
Half-elven

Jan 19, 5:29pm

Post #3 of 3 (367 views)
Shortcut
New contributors especially welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

New contributors especially welcome! One of the most interesting things in the Reading Room is a new point of view.

~~~~~~

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.