Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Noissucsid Seires VT Htrae-elddim:
The Abandoned Bridge Film and the Amazon Series
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

lembasmuncher
Resu Deretsiger

Jan 10, 3:39pm

Post #1 of 26 (786 views)
Shortcut
The Abandoned Bridge Film and the Amazon Series Can't Post

Given that PJ somewhat has consultant duties albeit in a minor form for the Amazon series, do you think he has in some ways suggested an inclusion/retweaking of his abandoned 'bridge' film for The Hobbit to fit or have some place to the upcoming series? I was quite excited for that Sauron-centric/White Council-focused bridge film but we were given a lackluster one on the BOTFA :(

Otaku-sempai
Latrommi

Jan 10, 3:56pm

Post #2 of 26 (767 views)
Shortcut
I don't think so. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think that Peter Jackson is (to date) officially involved with this show in any capacity. i do think that, early on, some material covering the same ground as the abandoned 'bridge' film was being considered, specifically the journeys and errantries of Aragorn the Ranger. This much seems to have been confirmed by a number of secondary sources (like TORn's own Uncle Iorlas).

#FidelityToTolkien

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jan 10, 4:00pm)

Archestratie
Llednevir

Jan 10, 4:00pm

Post #3 of 26 (761 views)
Shortcut
Heh [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they asked PJ if he'd like to be involved, and I think he politely declined. The Bridge Movie was a good idea, but I'm happy with the direction they're going.

My Low-Magic Fantasy Novel on eBook/hardback: The Huntsman and the She-Wolf

The Huntsman and the She-Wolf on audio Book.

Solicitr
NahoR

Jan 10, 5:09pm

Post #4 of 26 (741 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

the proposed "bridge movie" would have been basically The Adventures of Young Aragorn, an idea Amazon toyed with but apparently shelved in favor of the Second Age.

Otaku-sempai
Latrommi

Jan 10, 5:17pm

Post #5 of 26 (739 views)
Shortcut
The 'Bridge' Movie [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
the proposed "bridge movie" would have been basically The Adventures of Young Aragorn, an idea Amazon toyed with but apparently shelved in favor of the Second Age.

There probably would have been a few other plot lines woven into the movie such as the birth of Frodo, the death of his parents and his eventual adoption by Bilbo. Maybe the last meeting of the White Council.

#FidelityToTolkien

2ndBreffest
Neirol

Jan 10, 6:51pm

Post #6 of 26 (719 views)
Shortcut
I hope so... [In reply to] Can't Post

A bridge movie would almost guarantee this would be very influenced by PJ's movies, with or without his direct involvement. Focusing specifically on the second age certainly comes with its own challenges, most notably, the lack of written material to base it upon will make it extremely difficult to not come across as low grade fanfic, and will require writers who are very knowledgeable of Tolkien and the available source material. Distancing itself from the PJ movies is a huge gamble that I'm not convinced Amazon will be willing to take, however it would allow them the ability to create something that better represents Tolkien's Middle-earth without the burden of having to worry about blending it with the PJ-isms that his movie fans will expect to see.

Archestratie
Llednevir

Jan 10, 6:59pm

Post #7 of 26 (714 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
A bridge movie would almost guarantee this would be very influenced by PJ's movies, with or without his direct involvement. Focusing specifically on the second age certainly comes with its own challenges, most notably, the lack of written material to base it upon will make it extremely difficult to not come across as low grade fanfic, and will require writers who are very knowledgeable of Tolkien and the available source material. Distancing itself from the PJ movies is a huge gamble that I'm not convinced Amazon will be willing to take, however it would allow them the ability to create something that better represents Tolkien's Middle-earth without the burden of having to worry about blending it with the PJ-isms that his movie fans will expect to see.

For sure the Adventures of Young Aragorn and Legolas would have had an easy-to-get popcorn audience for Amazon. Going with the Second Age is much more daring. I think we have to credit Bezos himself for putting so much on the line with a gamble like this. There are tens of millions, maybe hundreds of millions, who've seen part or all of PJ's films. The number who've actually read the Silmarillion and/or HoME, though, is staggeringly less.

Solicitr
NahoR

Jan 10, 8:41pm

Post #8 of 26 (684 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

For sure the Adventures of Young Aragorn and Legolas would have had an easy-to-get popcorn audience for Amazon. Going with the Second Age is much more daring. I think we have to credit Bezos himself for putting so much on the line with a gamble like this. There are tens of millions, maybe hundreds of millions, who've seen part or all of PJ's films. The number who've actually read the Silmarillion and/or HoME, though, is staggeringly less.

OTOH since it's not likely they could hire Viggo and Orlando and Cate and Hugo (and they've all aged 20 years since the LR was shot anyway), they could have been setting themselves up for PJ-fan backlash. The Second Age is a blank canvas

Solicitr
NahoR

Jan 10, 8:44pm

Post #9 of 26 (685 views)
Shortcut
Which [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
most notably, the lack of written material to base it upon will make it extremely difficult to not come across as low grade fanfic

is an argument for basing the first season on the one close-focus narrative Tolkien did leave, Aldarion and Erendis. Having the plot and characters pre-fab, if you will, leaves the production more time to worry aboiut costumes and props and locations and all the other really, really time-consuming and complicated aspects of producing screen fantasy without instead being consumed by sorting out plot and characters ex nihilo, with attendant re-writes and re-shoots (and possible fan backlash, if it does turn out to be fan-fic grade).

Althoun
Neirol

Jan 10, 10:03pm

Post #10 of 26 (655 views)
Shortcut
Fully agree, altho.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
is an argument for basing the first season on the one close-focus narrative Tolkien did leave, Aldarion and Erendis. Having the plot and characters pre-fab, if you will, leaves the production more time to worry aboiut costumes and props and locations and all the other really, really time-consuming and complicated aspects of producing screen fantasy without instead being consumed by sorting out plot and characters ex nihilo, with attendant re-writes and re-shoots (and possible fan backlash, if it does turn out to be fan-fic grade).

None of the characters in the leaked audition scripts immediately jumped out at me as suggestive of Aldarion or Erendis.

One of the reports stated that Eldien, in the auditions, would be the main character in the series and her character profile strongly matches Galadriel (who has since been cast, Morfydd Clark).

There must be characters from Númenor, however, as this was a major focus on the map and the final "big" reveal, so there still very well could be a significant plotline there in season 1 involving Aldarion and Erendis. I'd be greatly reassured if that were the case.

Unfinished Tales, though, also has a substantial amount of Galadriel material, even if her history is acutely contradictory. It's fleshed out in terms of characterisation and a clear roadmap for the plot, including finer details, although lacking in the way of dialogue.

The History of Galadriel and Celeborn contains Tolkien's most comprehensive account of the foundation of Eregion, the Gwaith-i-Mirdain, the forging of the rings, Annatar and Celebrimbor, the War in Eriador and the Numenorean intervention.

Galadriel is given pride of place throughout the narrative.

If the report I read was right - that she's the main character, with "Beldor" (Elrond?) as a secondary lead among the Elven main cast - I can only conclude that they are heavily using material from this part of UT, as there's almost nothing about her role in the Second Age to be gleaned from the Appendices, apart from a single line.

We already know from Númenor surfacing on the map, complete with placenames found only in UT, and Shippey's comments (to the effect that he'd used UT as one of his sources in designing the map with Howe) that Amazon have been taking details from Unfinished Tales.

(This post was edited by Althoun on Jan 10, 10:09pm)

2ndBreffest
Neirol

Jan 10, 11:57pm

Post #11 of 26 (626 views)
Shortcut
yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

Galadriel and Elrond would be my guess. They are both characters movie fans are familiar with. I find it very hard to imagine Amazon will be willing to risk straying too far from what the mainstream (aka movie audience) would expect to see. I just hope they decide to base their characterizations on Tolkien's descriptions rather than PJ's interpretations.

Solicitr
NahoR

Jan 11, 12:26am

Post #12 of 26 (617 views)
Shortcut
I [In reply to] Can't Post

Think you're on the right track, although I note that Eregion was founded after Aldarion's time

Althoun
Neirol

Jan 11, 1:15am

Post #13 of 26 (611 views)
Shortcut
Not so... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Think you're on the right track, although I note that Eregion was founded after Aldarion's time

Eregion was founded in 750, more than a century before Aldarion took the throne in 883. His reign ended in 1075, by which time Eregion had been around for over 300 years.

Also, I'd note in addition that according to that outline in The History of Galadriel in UT, Aldarion met with Galadriel in his overseas voyages:

'it is known that he went much on land as well as sea, and went up the River Gwathló as far as Tharbad, and there met Galadriel'

So her being the main character in Eregion doesn't necessarily rule out a secondary Aldarion & Erendis plotline in Númenor (actually, I imagine they'll want multiple storylines as in GoT, the Witcher, WoT etc.)

But the 'anchor' appears to be Galadriel.

(This post was edited by Althoun on Jan 11, 1:29am)

Althoun
Neirol

Jan 11, 1:38am

Post #14 of 26 (601 views)
Shortcut
Well.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I find it very hard to imagine Amazon will be willing to risk straying too far from what the mainstream (aka movie audience) would expect to see. I just hope they decide to base their characterizations on Tolkien's descriptions rather than PJ's interpretations.

In opting for the bolder 'Second Age' setting, rather than the Jackson-tie-in with the LotR films that would have been 'Young Aragorn' (which New Line already had on ice as a sequel to the Hobbit, complete with concept-art from the "bridge film" days), it's arguable that they are already willing to stray further from what the mainstream audience might have been expecting.

Granted, the Second Age featured prominently in the LotR prologue - forging of the rings, Sauron's war in Eriador, Last Alliance - but to go back before the Third Age entirely (before Gondor or Rohan or the Shire or Rivendell even), to a very different Middle-earth with names unfamiliar to casual film fans such as Númenor and Eregion being the main centres of action, was a very big step for the franchise.

Clearly, they want to do something different.

While Galadriel and Elrond (along with Sauron) will be anchors for fans of the original film trilogy, 99.9% of the characters will be new (even the canon ones such as Celebrimbor, Gil-galad and any Númenóreans that might appear like Aldarion or Ar-Pharazon).

(This post was edited by Althoun on Jan 11, 1:44am)

Wainrider
Eerb

Jan 11, 1:46am

Post #15 of 26 (595 views)
Shortcut
No! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is a lame story, and it would be ridiculous to ignore an entire age of Middle-Earth history to focus on it.

It's a worse idea even than young Aragorn.

Althoun
Neirol

Jan 11, 1:56am

Post #16 of 26 (593 views)
Shortcut
A "lame" story? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That is a lame story, and it would be ridiculous to ignore an entire age of Middle-Earth history to focus on it.

It's a worse idea even than young Aragorn.

I understand that a slow-burn, character-driven domestic drama in a fantasy setting might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Mariner's Wife is easily Tolkien's most artful, human and emotionally rich tale. Your mileage may vary, as literary/artistic tastes are very different.

In the post-GoT age, what viewers expect from the fantasy genre has developed. The series needs mature, human-focused drama alongside Celebrimbor and Annatar forging the rings of power in Eregion, and an Aldarion Númenor plot combines this with the relationships back home & his voyages abroad as he builds an alliance with Gil-galad in readiness for the assault of the "servant of Morgoth" stirring in the East.

If you look at GoT, beyond the 'tits, swearing and dragons' what really gripped viewers in the early seasons was (and I quote): "very much a human-centered drama that focused on court politics" and the relationships between characters like the Stark siblings, or the Starks and the Lannisters.

Prestige streaming television is a different medium from Hollywood movies.

No one has suggested making an entire series around 'Aldarion and Erendis' but rather having it as one of the main initial anchors of the plot in season 1, alongside all the business going down in Eregion with Galadriel which will be the action-packed, full-on fantasy centrepiece no doubt (with some tweaks to the timeline, which will likely be necessary, this can be achieved easily - as Aldarion's daughter Ancalime was the Queen on the throne of Númenor when Annatar first seduces the Eldar in Eregion around 1200 anyway, according to the canonical timeline).

It is the only full-length (if unfinished) novelistic prose work that Tolkien penned in the Second Age, with reams of excellent Tolkien dialogue for the screenwriters to use to give the first season an air of authenticity for its grounding, as it comes straight from the man himself.

(This post was edited by Althoun on Jan 11, 2:10am)

Althoun
Neirol

Jan 11, 2:21am

Post #17 of 26 (573 views)
Shortcut
In sum, what I'm saying... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that the post-GoT landscape has broadened the horizons of what 'fantasy' as a genre, in the visual medium, can do.

You can have everything ranging from monster-hunting and spells like the Witcher to human-centred court drama. We're no longer just confined to the stereotypical "quest" narrative (a rip-off of the trilogy), which doesn't actually 'exist' in the Second Age to begin with (there's no fellowship of the ring on a quest to Mount Doom).

The Second Age is a different 'landscape', an earlier age of Tolkien's legendarium with a fresh cast of characters (with some notable exceptions), a new storyline and a distinctive tone/set of themes from the trilogy (less hopeful, more tragic and elegiac).

Aldarion and Erendis is Tolkien, just as much as LotR was Tolkien. Its just Tolkien addressing different questions with a different purpose in the same 'secondary world' of Middle-earth.

squire
Nevle-flah

Jan 11, 2:43am

Post #18 of 26 (569 views)
Shortcut
Pedant alert [In reply to] Can't Post

I appreciate the uses of hyperbole as much as anyone, but to say that Galadriel, Elrond, and Sauron will be 00.1% of the characters in this series is to say there will be 3,000 characters overall. Granted, it's a multi-year series, but 3,000 is a big number even over that amount of time, no?

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

squire
Nevle-flah

Jan 11, 3:30am

Post #19 of 26 (557 views)
Shortcut
'Reams' is not enough [In reply to] Can't Post

I love your take on the value of using Tolkien's more elevated epic prose, from his First and Second Age later writings, to change the public perception of what "Tolkien" is in a modern media production.

But... is the text of the "Aldarion and Erendis" story going to be enough to give this series an "air of authenticity", i.e., a feeling that Tolkien is present, when the screenwriters mine it for nugget-like quotes? Or will they have to write a lot more like it?

I suspect the latter. We're talking hours of screenplay here, while the short story has about fifteen minutes' worth of spoken dialogue, if that. The writers are going to have to come up with a lot - a lot, lot - more dialogue. Are they really going to make it all sound like 'Aldarion and Erendis', which would be a truly stunning amount of hard work in service of stilted, formal, legendary and anachronistic speech? Or are they going to modernize it?

I suspect the latter - and the latter approach isn't Tolkien. His plots are timeless; his settings are timeless; his themes are timeless. His writing style is not. It's dated, and getting more dated every day. Many of his readers, like me, love that about him. But in the screenwriting world, writing for listeners not readers, that's a real problem. I'm not hopeful -- I would love to be proved wrong -- about the proposition that this series will generate many hours of spoken dialogue that is faithful to Tolkien's 1940s-50s, and deliberately archaic even for that period, style of writing.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Archestratie
Llednevir

Jan 11, 5:47am

Post #20 of 26 (537 views)
Shortcut
Eh, [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

OTOH since it's not likely they could hire Viggo and Orlando and Cate and Hugo (and they've all aged 20 years since the LR was shot anyway), they could have been setting themselves up for PJ-fan backlash. The Second Age is a blank canvas

Well, they definitely could have got Orlando since he's already doing a show for them right now. They wouldn't need Viggo since it would be a young Aragorn, and I find it hard to believe Hugo, Cate, Ian, and whoever else wouldn't show up for a single episode cameo.

Anyway, it's not happening, so it doesn't matter.

fantasywind
Eerb

Jan 11, 12:41pm

Post #21 of 26 (475 views)
Shortcut
Let's hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
most notably, the lack of written material to base it upon will make it extremely difficult to not come across as low grade fanfic

I'm desperately hoping that this is the case, but you never know, pessimistic side of me says that it may not be but that would be the biggest wasted opportunity since Disney SW sequels not reuniting old characters :). Aldarion and Erendis seamlessly blended with History of Galadriel and Celeborn for first seasons would be nice approach, though it would require the show to take more of a an anthology series, with later seasons going into new areas of the story like the Downfall. What other narratives there are? Tal-Elmar story which ends early on and would require inventing entire ending (at least Aldarion and Erendis have outline of the future events that would end it in a tragic poignant way) or The Lost Road the Numenorean chapters (Brian Ralston music seems to be the only attempt at this material with Firiel's song etc. but of course he is not in the end involved) and the licensing rights of those texts within History of Middle-earth are even less certain than the bits of Silmarillion that would be required for other parts of story. The more of Tolkien they use the better.

Althoun
Neirol

Jan 11, 3:37pm

Post #22 of 26 (455 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I appreciate the uses of hyperbole as much as anyone, but to say that Galadriel, Elrond, and Sauron will be 00.1% of the characters in this series is to say there will be 3,000 characters overall. Granted, it's a multi-year series, but 3,000 is a big number even over that amount of time, no?

Well, I wasn't exactly aiming for statistical precision - more of a rhetorical point.

Althoun
Neirol

Jan 11, 4:00pm

Post #23 of 26 (450 views)
Shortcut
Very fair points...... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But... is the text of the "Aldarion and Erendis" story going to be enough to give this series an "air of authenticity", i.e., a feeling that Tolkien is present, when the screenwriters mine it for nugget-like quotes? Or will they have to write a lot more like it?

Undoubtedly, I'm not in denial about the fact that they are going to have to come up with an enormous amount of dialogue for the scripts.

But there is a difference between spontaneously coming up with it on the hoof and using as a base, as well as model, the significant (if very limited) lines of dialogue Tolkien actually did pen for the Second Age (the lions share in Aldarion and Erendis).

In an adaption of the Mariner's Tale, the dialogue would obviously have to be tweaked for verbal delivery and effectiveness - but the archaism of the original text, with its old-world charm, could still be substantially maintained by a skilled screenwriter (with some very necessary alterations), so as to give the show a different 'vibe' from the other fantasy offerings that TV has offered thus far.

Success in today's climate belongs to the bold, not to the copycats.

I don't think even casual film-only fans want a rip-off of the trilogy (it will never measure up if it does, because only Jackson does Jackson well, and I wasn't entirely enthused by his interpretation anyway, even though it was a masterpiece on its own terms). And the 'next GoT', in terms of the same level of accolades, isn't going to be a show that apes GoT (i.e. "game of rings / lord of the thrones").

I reckon many, many viewers would be (largely pleasantly) surprised by Aldarion and Erendis if it were adapted, if all they know about Tolkien is the Jacksonverse LOTR.

What GoT has achieved though, as I noted earlier, is a significant 'maturation' of what fantasy can do in the visual medium. Its early seasons were as character-driven and human-centred as a period drama, with the 'magic' kept to a minimum but gradually increasing with the seasons.

In the pre-GoT age of the 2000s or worse the 1990s (gah, Xena), the Mariner's Wife would have been impossible to present as a viable "fantasy drama", as its 'lower' fantasy than even GoT (a human kingdom populated largely only by humans focused on human relationships with very minimal fantastical elements, save the super-long lifespans of the Númenóreans).

The central themes of the Mariner's Wife are relatable to anyone who has been in a troubled, longstanding romantic relationship or gone through a separation / divorce. Its Tolkien no longer going for fairy-tale, chivalric romanticism but rather a more pitiless realism and cynicism in gender relations. For those who thought Jackson's Arwen and Aragorn sickly sweet, or the female characters more archetypal than vivid, Erendis would be a welcome breath of fresh air.

Mariner's Wife is thus, peculiarly, archaic and stilted yet more relevant to the 21st century than any other of Tolkien's works. And I find that a fascinating paradox.

Using older fantasy standards, I do get why Aldarion and Erendis might be seen as "lame", but the court intrigue of GoT would have been so as well by the same metric as its more period drama than Lord Dunsany.

(This post was edited by Althoun on Jan 11, 4:14pm)

Solicitr
NahoR

Jan 11, 4:32pm

Post #24 of 26 (432 views)
Shortcut
There [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
His plots are timeless; his settings are timeless; his themes are timeless. His writing style is not. It's dated, and getting more dated every day. Many of his readers, like me, love that about him. But in the screenwriting world, writing for listeners not readers, that's a real problem. I'm not hopeful -- I would love to be proved wrong -- about the proposition that this series will generate many hours of spoken dialogue that is faithful to Tolkien's 1940s-50s, and deliberately archaic even for that period, style of writing.

I would respectfully have to disagree. Tolkien's idiosyncratic prose style really exists in no historical time and that makes it timeless. It is elevated but clear, often immensely powerful, and it is a signal to the audience that they are being pulled out of their comfort zone into a different world, with characters who don't speak like 21st century humans because they're not 21st century humans, and don't think or act like them either. Cf. Letter No. 171.

One of my biggest beefs with most period dramas - prose and screen both - is that they are far too often literal costume dramas: modern people dressed up in old-timey clothes, not people from the societies in which they are set. Honorable exceptions: Strange and Norrell, O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin novels. Partial exception: The Favourite.

(This post was edited by Solicitr on Jan 11, 4:34pm)

kzer_za
Neirol

Jan 12, 3:11pm

Post #25 of 26 (339 views)
Shortcut
No one's talking about ignoring the main narratives of the Second Age for Aldarion and Erendis... [In reply to] Can't Post

Despite being very different from Tolkien's other work, it actually fits into the rest of the Second Age very well. Aldarion first encounters the signs of Sauron's resurgence, and in him we see the earliest stages of the Numenorean malaise that would gradually take far more sinister form in his descendants. While mostly meaning well, Aldarion does unintentionally get the ball rolling on Numenor's eventual fall.

It's by far the most complete dialog-driven prose narrative in the second age. It's one of his most emotionally complex works and has some beautiful passages. Erendis is also arguably his best female character, or at least in the top tier. Basically, there are many good reasons to use it and if they have the rights (which is murky but signs point to yes) they would be foolish not to. By the way, along with Brian Rosebury I read A&E as a semi-autobiographical tale based on his own imperfections as a husband - the darker cautionary counterpart to Beren and Luthien.
For the timeline, I am against squishing everything into a few decades, I do expect some moderate timeline fudging which is fine. Is it possible they'll introduce the elves first and go to Numenor later? On one hand the Numenoreans are more "human", but on the other hand audiences already know Galadriel and Elrond...we shall see.

As for prose, Lost Tales stuff aside, at his best Tolkien is a writer of great beauty, at his worst he can be a little dry but still serviceable. I might pull a couple of passages later.

(This post was edited by kzer_za on Jan 12, 3:16pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.