The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Proposed new section

Solicitr
Gondor

Dec 29 2019, 7:24pm

Post #1 of 2 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Proposed new section Can't Post

Any support for a new forum topic which covers books by other authors, and screen fantasy and sci-fi? Currently it's all jumbled in with everything else off-topic i.e. not-Tolkien, and I'm sure people would like a spot to discuss the Witcher on Netflix or Star Wars or Ursula LeGuin etc etc etc

(Sorry, I can't figure out how do do a radio-button poll with this s/w)

(This post was edited by Solicitr on Dec 29 2019, 7:26pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 29 2019, 9:02pm

Post #2 of 2 (2060 views)
Shortcut
I've moved this to Feedback [In reply to] Can't Post

as it's the right board for discussions about the website.

Personally (and not speaking as an admin), I think we've got those topics covered in the weekly (usually) threads What are you Reading, and What are you Watching on Off Topic. As that board doesn't move very quickly, the threads stick around long enough to enable sub-threads on particular books, movies and authors - it just requires people to join in.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

My original fantasy writing

My LOTR fan-fiction

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.