Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
Will Poulter No Longer Attached To Amazon's Lord Of The Rings

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 12 2019, 10:14pm

Post #1 of 10 (603 views)
Shortcut
Will Poulter No Longer Attached To Amazon's Lord Of The Rings Can't Post

Due to scheduling conflicts, he won't be appearing in the show. The search is underway for a replacement.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/lord-of-the-rings-series-amazon-will-poulter-1203433273/

"It is my duty to fight" - Mulan

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

Dec 12 2019, 10:29pm

Post #2 of 10 (582 views)
Shortcut
Wow that's awful [In reply to] Can't Post

I was really looking forward to seeing him, as he has the acting chops and looks very much like a young Elrond and I thought he would be perfect for that role.

That's too bad that he had to leave Unsure

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 12 2019, 10:33pm

Post #3 of 10 (577 views)
Shortcut
I know! He would have been a great Elrond... [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh well. He joins Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery on the list of stars who almost made it to Middle-earth Unsure
But then again, maybe he can come back in a future season of the show.

"It is my duty to fight" - Mulan

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

Dec 12 2019, 10:38pm

Post #4 of 10 (576 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would think Elrond would be a major player though, so there's no way he can reprise that.

Oh well. At least we know that there's an official start date to production now. How else would there be scheduling conflicts if they don't have a date for principal photography to start? Wink

And thus, the article inherently provided very important information! That there's an actual date for production to start now, which means hopefully we'll hear what it is soon! Cool

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Dunadan of North Arnor
Bree

Dec 12 2019, 10:55pm

Post #5 of 10 (572 views)
Shortcut
Word is, from an inside source... [In reply to] Can't Post

that he couldnít come to terms with the abysmal casting of Annatar, lessening Elrondís deep wisdom in shunning him, and therefore gracefully bowed out. :)

Archestratie
Rivendell

Dec 13 2019, 12:13am

Post #6 of 10 (550 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was really looking forward to seeing him, as he has the acting chops and looks very much like a young Elrond and I thought he would be perfect for that role.

That's too bad that he had to leave Unsure

Same here. I was really excited about that. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised in the early days of this show. There is so much up in the air right now a lot can change :(

My Low-Magic Fantasy Novel on eBook/hardback: The Huntsman and the She-Wolf

The Huntsman and the She-Wolf on audio Book.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 13 2019, 2:44am

Post #7 of 10 (526 views)
Shortcut
Disappointing news, but thanks for the update. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, at least we don't know for certain that Poulter would have been playing Elrond, though that still seems very likely.

#FidelityToTolkien

Hasuwandil
Rivendell

Dec 16 2019, 5:45pm

Post #8 of 10 (286 views)
Shortcut
Due to the recent change in the filming schedule [In reply to] Can't Post

Although Variety apparently reported the news first as an exclusive story, Deadline also reported on the story soon after, with an additional detail:

The streamer recently moved ahead with an early Season 2 renewal for the sprawling adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkienís fantasy novels. In conjunction with that renewal, the series will be going on a 4-5-month hiatus after filming the first two episodes from Season 1 to map out and write the bulk of the scripts for Season 2. We are told the change in the production schedule made it impossible for Poulter to stay on with his other commitments.

HÍl‚ Auriwandil, angilŰ berhtost,
oƀar Middangard mannum gisandid!

Archestratie
Rivendell

Dec 16 2019, 6:29pm

Post #9 of 10 (275 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Although Variety apparently reported the news first as an exclusive story, Deadline also reported on the story soon after, with an additional detail:

The streamer recently moved ahead with an early Season 2 renewal for the sprawling adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkienís fantasy novels. In conjunction with that renewal, the series will be going on a 4-5-month hiatus after filming the first two episodes from Season 1 to map out and write the bulk of the scripts for Season 2. We are told the change in the production schedule made it impossible for Poulter to stay on with his other commitments.

Still, tho. How could a billion dollar production not take priority over practically anything else? It just staggers me.

My Low-Magic Fantasy Novel on eBook/hardback: The Huntsman and the She-Wolf

The Huntsman and the She-Wolf on audio Book.

VoronwŽ_the_Faithful
Valinor

Dec 16 2019, 7:14pm

Post #10 of 10 (264 views)
Shortcut
Saving face? [In reply to] Can't Post

My guess is that the so-called scheduling conflict is a face-saving formula and that it is more likely that, similar to Stuart Townsend before him, Poulter was not meeting the something in the role he was hired for and was therefore replaced before it was too late.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.