Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Puts out Welcome sign* It's time for Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 8 2019, 11:51pm

Post #51 of 64 (264 views)
Shortcut
What a year you've had! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

BIG congratulations on being published AND for having such a breakthrough in your book :D That is so exciting! Well Done!

That's incredible how incompetent and nasty your old dentist was/is. Have you reported him? There's so much pain and cost you could have avoided. You wonder what he was thinking... and his hygienist. I'm assuming he had one.

I'm so happy you're doing so well :D It's amazing how time passes by, but you've definitely put yours to good use :D *high five*

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 8 2019, 11:54pm

Post #52 of 64 (261 views)
Shortcut
Not a good idea [In reply to] Can't Post

as potato greens are poisonous :). Sweet potato greens are, on the other hand, apparently edible and actually quite nutritious, although I've never tried them. The two aren't very closely related.

The strawberries really are a delight.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 8 2019, 11:56pm

Post #53 of 64 (262 views)
Shortcut
Mist is a good thing [In reply to] Can't Post

for the plants and water tanks/systems, but really is nasty when it comes to mold and bugs. :( It wonderful how much you're already able to cultivate, though! So great! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, too! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 8 2019, 11:58pm

Post #54 of 64 (260 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Gramma! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 9 2019, 12:53am

Post #55 of 64 (256 views)
Shortcut
Geezo-peezo! That's a full schedule! [In reply to] Can't Post

All of it sounds so great, though :D You really know how to do the holiday right! I hope you stay clear of any colds going around so you can enjoy every moment. If you take a Zicam (zinc) tablet once or twice a day, you'll be more likely to avoid any of those germies floating around. When I'm around crowds, I make sure to take at least one a day and I've never gotten sick.

All the best on your book(s)! Hang in there... and have a wonderful time :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Dec 9 2019, 1:03am

Post #56 of 64 (261 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been an eventful year, that's for sure.

Thanks, gramma! I'm almost as excited about the story breakthrough as the published short story. It wasn't that long ago that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to figure out an ending! Amazing how things suddenly click into place at random times. :)

We did report her, anonymously. (Dad was concerned that if we reported her in a way that required our identities we'd have to address her directly at some point and he wasn't comfortable with that, especially since she wasn't an unkind person.) Yeah, we've wondered about the hygenists as well since then. She had more than one, but they apparently had competence issues, too. After we did the report, Dad looked at her website one day out of curiosity and it mentioned that she and her staff weren't taking new patients as they have been really busy lately taking a bunch training. I bet they are... :p

*high fives back* :D

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design
'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make
-"A Million Dreams" from The Greatest Showman

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 10 2019, 2:52am

Post #57 of 64 (245 views)
Shortcut
So nice to see you, Eruvandi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the nice thoughts, and my oh my have you been busy! Congratulations on surviving real life and on the great writing progress. I'm definitely going to try to make it to that site to read your story. Best of luck with it, and DO stop by -- and post -- lol, more often. Heart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 10 2019, 2:56am

Post #58 of 64 (240 views)
Shortcut
Nice to hear [In reply to] Can't Post

.. you're getting a good amount of rain - hopefully just the right amount.

I'm always amazed at how relatively early gardens get to be so productive in NZ. Living in dry Colorado, very few things are 'pickable' before mid- to late-summer. Enjoy the early harvest, and thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 10 2019, 3:04am

Post #59 of 64 (240 views)
Shortcut
*Gobsmacked* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you can keep track of all of that because I lost track about halfway through! Laugh Holiday craziness, indeed! But it sounds like so much fun. I hope it's all as fun and enjoyable as you make it sound.
Things are looking up a bit for my sister. I'm always concerned about 'quality of life' issues in the aftermath of things like this, but for now forward progress is a good thing and we'll take it from there.

Annael
Immortal

Dec 10 2019, 4:40am

Post #60 of 64 (236 views)
Shortcut
we sold out Sunday [In reply to] Can't Post

full house - fun to see! We usually do pretty well but this was extra.

Apparently they've done this a couple of times before (the actor reading the story). Not since I joined. It was a lot of fun.

Dad's great - for 95. Not a lot of energy and a bit of a cognitive deficit (doesn't recognize things readily, like the mayonnaise that's right in front of him). But in general he's in good spirits and doing okay. I gave him a research project for my next book (a historical romance based on an ancestor) and he's relishing it. Goes off on tangents, but that's okay if it entertains him.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

(This post was edited by Annael on Dec 10 2019, 4:40am)

Annael
Immortal

Dec 10 2019, 4:43am

Post #61 of 64 (236 views)
Shortcut
well then [In reply to] Can't Post

Things are looking up a bit for my sister.

I'll keep up the prayers for a miraculous outcome.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2019, 1:17pm

Post #62 of 64 (206 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

*hugs* :) Thank you! I hope you enjoy my story! It's up on the site now. *excited squealing intensifies* I certainly will try to post more often!

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 11 2019, 3:52am

Post #63 of 64 (177 views)
Shortcut
"Monsters"!, Eruvandi? [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like the survivors in Filter have more to worry about than hackers and trolls if they sign up. There is a Hitchhikers Guide feel to this that is very intriguing/amusing. Have you or are you going to write more on this story? Do let us know, and congratulations.
Nice to see you.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Dec 11 2019, 4:09am

Post #64 of 64 (171 views)
Shortcut
Ehehe... [In reply to] Can't Post

They would indeed have a lot to worry about.Wink

I'm loving all the comparisons people are telling me my story reminds them of! I stink at thinking of "comp titles" as they call them for my stories, so it's so interesting to see what other people think. I am definitely willing to take Hitchhikers Guide as one of them. :D

I have not written more on it and was not originally planning to in the future, but you're the 5th or 6th person to suggest that there could be more, so... Never say never? Wink I'll certainly keep it in the back of my mind as a potential future project. If I were to do something it would probably be to expand it into a novel or novella since I'm more inclined towards long-form stories than series of shorts.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read it, Lissuin, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.